Advice seeked: best lounge at LGW North?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

sparkyflier
    Participant

I will be travelling from LGW tomorrow morning, and can use either the “Aspire” lounge, or the No1 Traveller Lounge.

On this occasion the BA lounge is not an option.

So your thoughts on which has the best facilities, food/drink and views would be much appreciated, as well as which is the “nicer” place too relax for an hour or so.

Many thanks for any help in advance!

VintageKrug
    Participant

I would advise anyone who sought advice on which was the better of the Aspire and the No.1 lounges in LGW to visit the No. 1 Traveller lounge.

It has superb facilities, nice views and a good restaurant and bar offering, with the option for a massage on a pay-per-use basis.

Excellent Aromatherapy Associates products in the showers, too.

Use Quidco and get 11% cashback when purchasing your entrance online in advance:

http://bit.ly/XwwDom

sparkyflier
    Participant

Many thanks VK. This was my intended lounge and then I read about the Aspire one so I thought I would get some opinions on the choice!

Can get in free but thank you again!

VintageKrug
    Participant

The Priority Pass scheme is excellent. particularly in the US – I presume that’s what you’re using for access?

I’ve made use of Priority Pass despite being both SEN with *A, BA Gold and Flying Blue Platinum (until Thursday, anyway).

Aspire is only worth popping your head round to see what Servisair have done to revamp the previously 1970s interior. I half expected the newspapers to be lamenting the Winter of Discontent when I visited pre-renovation.

Which airlines give No 1. Traveller access as part of their premium offering?

sparkyflier
    Participant

I can use it with Airport Angel, which I am a member of via my premier bank account.

Thank you again.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

#1 can be manic, at times, Aspire is a reasonable backup under those circumstances.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

I used Aspire on Sunday morning (Airport Angel/Barclays). I was quite impressed. A shedload better than the ServisAir iounge I used in T3 last year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls