Advice on Laptop Adapters LX Business Class Please

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi All,

I decided on Swiss in the end for my forthcoming trip to Shanghai – thanks for all your advice.

Swiss’ website states that laptop power points are available in Business Class on the A340. Apparently these are 110v and the site also states that ‘2-pin electricity cable required.”

Can anyone please advise me as to what I require for my (UK) MacBook Pro? Will it run off 110v (presumably – as the Magsafe Mac cable is effectively a transformer) and will my (ironically) Swiss multi-socket converter be adequate as the “2-pin cable”?

All advice gratefully received as always.

Kindest regards and thanks,

Simon

r ryan
    Participant

Hi SR,
    the Mac transformer is 100-240V and 50-60Hz so will work anywhere – it just adapts to whatever the voltage. It’s allegedly written on the side of the transformer but you would need to rope down the Hubble telescope to read it. My standard European 2-pin power plug fits the LX socket, much better as a cable than the slide in plug that fits the transformer; although I also carry the same Swiss multi-socket converter ‘just in case”! watch the transformer doesn’t fall down the crack at the side of the seat when it’s partially reclined. i did it once and it was a hell of a job to get it back!
    cheers

Potakas
    Participant

Simon,

For my Mac pro i bought Apple World Travel Adapter Kit and i had never any problem anywhere.

The Kit is designed to work with iPod, iPhone, Apple MagSafe Power Adapters, Portable Power Adapters, and AirPort Express.

The AC plugs included in the World Travel Adapter Kit directly support outlets in North America, Japan, China, United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Korea, Australia, and Hong Kong.

You will also find useful info if you read some reviews and also the ”questions & answers” section at the bottom of the page.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MB974ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDEwMQ&mco=MTA4NDE3MDQ

Regards,

Potakas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls