Ads on Forum

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Montysaurus
    Participant

Since yesterday I am now getting video adverts appearing in the bottom right hand corner of my screen. I click Close Ad and it goes to be replaced with another within a few seconds. It it just happening to me or is it now a feature of the Business Traveller site?

1 user thanked author for this post.

GivingupBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=1109764]

I’ve been getting those for a while on BT, on my laptop and my phone.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Montysaurus
    Participant

They are really annoying me. I mean REALLY annoying. I am very cross – they are so expletive deleted annoying.

cwoodward
    Participant

I have been getting them for at least a couple of months now. When closed they stay that way for some minutes but do come back.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

[postquote quote=1109766]

It’s a free forum with costs that have to be met somehow….any suggestions?

3 users thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I get these on a lot of the sites I visit, not to mention You Tube where your viewing is constantly interrupted with ads

stevescoots
    Participant

me too but i am guessing BT has seen a big drop in Ad revenue due to covid so needs to get some even if annoying

3 users thanked author for this post.

Premier01
    Participant

I’ve been getting these for a few weeks and agree they are annoying.

What makes it worse is the mute function on Samsung S8 doesn’t really mean mute as the music blares out from these videos regardless, you close the ad then another one pops up! Not that great tbf.

Woodpecker
    Participant

I guess it’s reality we need to accept. I’m not too fussed, even if 1% of the ads turn out useful, it’s worth it. Not that different from having ads in the print version.

The only change I’d wish for are that these all be travel related.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I am using Opera (a Chrome based browser) with a couple (yes a couple) of ad-blockers. The great thing is no ad, the bad one happens when I use another device because I am not used to ads anymore…

More generally, I value an ad-free environment to the extent I am ready to pay to avoid them. But this is me. I guess many websites would not be able to operate without the income generated by them.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Given the extreme to which the pandemic has impacted revenue for the travel press, some ads – on what is essentially a mostly free and high quality website – really don’t warrant moaning. I’d rather an ad than no more BT.

5 users thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m getting ads but not a video, only seem to get those on the daily mail website!!!
    However I just wrote a small piece about leaving my Samsung tablet behind on the plane and the extortionate cost to get it back, and had to edit it. I then got the reply it was marked as spam???? Hope admin see this and reinstate the post!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Done.
    It happens to us as well if you quickly edit a post just after saving it – sorry for the wait.

Tom

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls