AClub Points!!

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Raj.JPGold
    Participant

I have the A-Club card, but because my firm’s travel agent or my company pays for the room, no points gets credited in my account. By now I should have reached Gold easily. Upon contacting, they said it’s policy !! Yeah….

Any view & do other hotels card have the same policy.

Swissdiver
    Participant

This is strange to me as I get the credits each time… So it must be the contract between your company and Accor and I guess your company is taking the credits…

VintageKrug
    Participant

I certainly get personal points on corporate rates with all the other majors.

I have achieved a (stay-based, not comped) Platinum card with Accor/Sofitel and while their hotels are among the best I have stayed in for business in Europe, their points scheme is beyond awful, with minimal value being extracted after spending almost €15.000 with them last year, and no soft landing after achieving Plat.

I think my Accor points managed a few hundred euros off an already exhorbitantly priced hotel stay in France. Fiddly print-and-redeem options, too.

I recall I couldn’t use the vouchers against the discounted sale prices, as they are all pre-pay, so the points coucher value is seriously diminished as you have to reserve at full, flexible rates.

For comparison, I reckon to get around $2,500 of hotel redemption value via Marriott or Intercontinental schemes every £10,000 I spend with them by redeeming longer stays at higher priced IC and Ritz-Carlton resort properties.

One way round this is to agree a rate locally with the GM or Sales Director, preferably toward the end of the month/quarter when their sales targets are due. You can often get a very good long term rate (depending on your total spend, mine is usually considerable) and throw in things like dry cleaning, room service tray charge, breakfast and even a glass of (proper!) champagne on the evening of check-in; a nice way to start the week!

I think the scheme changed recently, but I haven’t looked into it further as I rather lost patience; I only stay at Accor properties when there’s no alternative.

sandtrekker
    Participant

I agree with Accor points scheme being awful. They have also become increasingly mean-spirited. Whenever I booked into a Novotel or Sofitel, I would get a complimentary drink voucher. Alas, no more…

Swissdiver
    Participant

What I like in this program is the cheque concept. Can be used for any reservation so no allotment issue…

HappytobeSilver
    Participant

I actually like the scheme. I have a gold card which so far has gained me an upgraded room whenever I’ve checked into a Sofitel or Pullman property together with a complimentary drink for each paerson on my booking. In addition, I gain about 350 Avios for each night stayed.

alwaysinclub
    Participant

I do agree that the cheque concept is good, but there are no special offers like you get with some other reward programs. The advance purchased reservations don’t allow you to use cheques as you have to prepay with a card.
    I heard that they were revamping the scheme, but no official news yet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls