AClub points !!-Advice pls

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

• Anonymous

Raj.JPGold
    Participant

Because my firm’s travel agent or my firm directly pays for my stay, no points gets credited in my account. upon contact, they said its policy !!

Your view & do other hotels cards have the same policy. Cuz I am looking at a hotel which gives me the points for FFP’s..Accor is not helping me at all…..

Binman62
    Participant

It is a very poor programme. I spent 2 weeks and several thousand pounds in one of there hotels 2 years and was gold at the time. Not a single point was credited as I had apparently used a discount rate.

Now have platinum which I got free but have not stayed with them for 2 years.

I also have HHonors Gold and that has some use especially free breakfast and wifi. Howeve as most of my travel now with family I find priority club very good. Platinum status can be obtained on around 9 single night stays if you make use of the codes found on forums including thisnone. recognition can be hit or miss but aftter 23 nights inhave bagged my self 7 free nights in the Bali intercon later this year. Add in ambassador staus and $150 extra a day and i am now in a room they are selling for $600 a night!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

It is a lousy program and it’s a policy that is very unfair. I would suggest getting your company to change to another hotel chain.

It could also be that your company or the t/a are keeping the points or it could be in their agreement for a cheaper rate.

Shanwick1249
    Participant

Does anyone out there have a good world to say about AClub? I certainly don’t. I have experienced exactly what the original poster has suffered, only more so – I’ve had thousands of points not credited, or credited then deducted, and the result of endless conversations with AClub through its lousy web portal was ‘yeah we can see that it happened. You need to contact the hotel and sort it out yourself’.

This stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid rule about only earning points for rooms you pay for yourself on the day is, well, stupid.

I am an AClub Gold member – by circumstance – but it gives you nothing useful in terms of benefits and is not worth having. Accor hotels all deliver a certain level of reliable quality (OK, mostly deliver) at a certain price point and that’s fine, but the ‘loyalty’ scheme actively discourages any kind of loyalty and is beyond useless.

A good word?

Anybody?

Bueller??

alwaysinclub
    Participant

I have to add to the sentiments of all the previous comments. It’s pretty poor. As a gold member, you have to ask to get an upgrade. I seem to be at an accor hotel once a week, every time I ask I am told there is no upgrade availability. REALLY? This week I happened to be at Sofitel Heathrow where I once again asked for an upgrade. There is no availability came the reply. I think that the look on my face and the tone of my voice when I said “really, what a surprise” made them magic up a suite! Frankly, I think it is poor that it has to get to that stage for a Gold A-Club member to be recognized. Best scheme for me is Priority Club, but my company seems to have an affinity with accor.

NTarrant
    Participant

Gave up on Accor years ago, although I have Platinum as a result of a promotion on here but doubt I’ll use it.

Accor are very good at giving corporate rates and also are very good in filling hotels with coach tour guests at some incredable low rates, but if you are on a tour don’t expect to get points either!

It is a shame really, I used to love staying at Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure and even Ibis, but having had so many problems with getting points gave up. As far as UK based guests are concerned there is no English speaking customer centre to deal with problems, its all through France and that is a problem in itself!

BAGoldcard
    Participant

Some Hilton hotels do not give points on stays that are paid directly by the company, as is mentioned in the T&Cs apparently.

Also, the Oryx Rotana hotel in Doha made the same comment.

MarkCymru
    Participant

I have a platinum AClub card (from a promotion on this forum). I stayed at new Sofitel in Mumbai in March and was almost embarrassed by the level of recognition. I also got upgraded to a junior suite. I have to say that it’s a stunning hotel with excellent staff too.

I have a Hilton Diamond and recognition goes from excellent (a quite incredible suite at the Conrad in Singapore for example) to impressive (the Homewood Suites in Cranford, NJ taking my request for peace and quiet so seriously that they put me in a two-bedroom apartment at the end of a corridor) to non-existent (Homewood Suites in Washington put me in exactly the one-room I had ordered, gave me a floor with no view and then filled the rooms around me with a large party of schoolchildren on an international exchange visit)

As others have noted, Platinum with IC is patchy in benefits and recognition but easy to get and keep.

I’ve never had a problem with any of them crediting points but I’ve never pre-paid either. Accor’s system is a nightmare to log onto but it’s one of those convoluted French technology things (Air France is the same). You either find it endearing or deeply frustrating — maybe both

Raj.JPGold
    Participant

hello MarkCymru…can u guide me to the promotion of the Aclub platinum ..

AlexSW1
    Participant

A-Club is okay. I had some lost points too but they found their way back into my account eventually.

This issue of not getting points if you don’t pay with your own card is something I experienced with other hotel programmes – memorably the Starwood SPG programme. I am not sure about Hilton or Priority Club.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Through this forum I got my instant Platinum status several months ago and I thought I would try out the Pullman (formerly the Sofitel) in Bangkok last week. Booked a standard room and was upgraded to the Le Club Executive floor with a very good breakfast and free wifi plus late check-out.

The club points were credited today into my account – just one day after I’ve checked out from the hotel. Very impressed and faster than ALL airlines.

I welcome more travel advices of this kind from our regular BT posters worldwide!

bombayteddy
    Participant

I am an Accor loyalty member but have never stayed at any of their hotels. They recently announced a promotion in tandem with Jet Airways, offering an upgrade to Silver level on Le Club; and 50% more miles on Jet Airways. Getting them to honor this was in itself very difficult: I seriously wonder whether they will actually credit the extra miles into my Jet Privilege account?

dsatrio
    Participant

I concur with everyone who says AClub is a lousy program. I’m a Platinum with them and is entitled to an automatic upgrade and late check out. But when my company’s travel agent books the room, not only I don’t qualify to get the points, but suddenly the upgrade and late check out benefit also gone! This is ridiculous.. I am done with staying at Accor Hotels.

Danwolf
    Participant

Also got the Instant platinum offer, but now almost qualified for platinum within my own right. The rules are (yes, read small print) that you only get credited if you book directly with them. And, its based on how much you spend with them, not what type of rate you choose.

Experienced their new So Sofitel in Bangkok a few times on a recent holiday, alongside the Sofitel in Shanghai. The Bangkok one is perhaps one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed in. They had a great deal where they gave you USD 80 per night to spend in the hotel on various things (drinks, spa, even upgrades, but that was redundant as I was platinum). I was upgraded each time (always subject to availability).

In terms of making of whether it is worthwhile, I think it is if you stay at their higher brands, and travel often.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls