Access to Concorde Room T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

DiaMan43
    Participant

Hi, we are flying into T5 from Scotland and have over 3 hours before our next flight out of T3 on BA11 (Singapore). We always find the T3 lounges really busy and want to have our first experience of the Concorde room in T5. We are flying BA11 first class.

Can we get access to the T5 Concorde room for a couple of hours before heading off to T3 ?

SwissExPat
    Participant

Flew to SIN a few months ago in F with BA.

Was initially disappointed that we were not in T5 and hence did not get access to the Concorde lounge (have been in it over 10 times) but I found the BA first lounge in T3 to be very acceptable. (Despite the eternally thirsty BAEC golds quaffing champagne !!)

If you’ve not been to CCR lounge in T5 then I’d try to go if poss. If not then don’t be too down, the other lounge is still very enjoyable.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

To gain access to T5 departures, you need a valid boarding pass for a flight departing T5. I do not think BA 11 baording pass will get you access.

If it does, you problem will only be if the lounge dragon directs to you to T3.

Good luck and let us know if you succeed.

This has been discussed before if you can find the thread(S)

Binman62
    Participant

It will not be possible to access Concorde lounge if in transit from T5 to T3. To access the area you,must past conformance and there is a check of boarding cards. This will be rejected and your will be sent to T3.

When are you flying as I though SIN was to move to T5 soon.

You may be able to access on the return as inbound in F would have access before flight to scotland. Contact you first to book spa treatments and cabanas.

Papillion53
    Participant

Good afternoon all from a snowy Scotland … Just catching up on all the news and spotted this question as it was this exact same question that took me to the BT forum!

DiaMan43 – it’s a definite no I’m afraid, and believe me I did try!! But the F lounge at T3 is nice and spa treatments were readily available although you cannot pre-book them at T3, unlike at T5. They are very short and TBH not that great but the massage chairs will sort out all the kinks and set you up for a relaxed flight ahead. We had a very nice dinner pre-flight in the F dining room, with a great view over the runways. So don’t be disappointed as I was inclined to be before we sampled the T3 F lounge.

You will of course have access through THE hallowed white door on your return, just keep your BP from your inbound F flight. The cabanas I think are a bit cramped for two, not very private if you are showering etc as the bathroom is open to the room, and I found them just a bit claustrophobic. We didn’t pre-book as I wasn’t too bothered, but we had a look and had use of one as one was availabke, so I could report back to my fellow BT pals. Anyway I much prefer to people watch! You just never know who you will bump into in the CCR! 😉 🙂

Gold-2K
    Participant

Singapore flights relocate to T5 from Sunday 31st March. Then problem solved!

Papillion53
    Participant

Gold-2K

That’s good news, so,hopefully DiaMan43’s flight is after this! 🙂

DiaMan43
    Participant

Thanks, that is good news for next time. We fly out on the 13th of March ! I am encouraged by Swiss Expat who advises that T3 First Lounge isn’t so bad afterall. I still want to try the Concorde Lounge !

Papillion53
    Participant

And me I hope! 🙂

Andrew66
    Participant

Hi everyone, first post here , really found this forum interesting and informative . I have flights booked from LHR to DXB later on this year and have used the Amex companion voucher to get 2 seats in F , we went in Club last year and that was our first flight from T5 and we thought the lounges were great , so we’re a little bit excited about being able to sample the Concorde room this time , so can all you experts give me the info that I need to know please . We are on BA 109 it leaves at 21.30 and we would arrive at the airport around 17.00 as we park up at the sofitel and like to have a look around , I think from last years experience we would like to book a booth for private dining and then not have a main meal at a late time on the plane and go to sleep instead !! Any help and tips and advice are appreciated , thanks Andy.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls