AA/BA Transatlantic Reciprocity Announced: FAQ

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

So, it’s 1 October 2010 and the fruits of the long mooted AA/BA tie up are now beginning to be delivered.

Historically, it was not possible to earn or redeem BA miles on AA across the Atlantic between USA and LHR, and vice versa with AAdvantage Miles on BA flights.

This wasn’t all that bad as BA has a far superior lounge product, better timings and better on board hard and soft product. So for BAEC members, the status quo suited just fine, keeping the very many US-based Frequent Flyers out of the relatively scarce market for BA redemption availability across the Pond.

However, this will all change very soon. The FAQ below should answer many questions, but also raises many others:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/jba-faqs.jsp

Either way, expect BA availability to become less “available” and a string recommendation to book up any planned redemptions now before the many AAdvantage Miles holders realise they can now fly BA instead of AA using their hard earned miles!

Deleted User
    Participant

I am in the States trying to make an online checkin and boarding card print for 2 sectors tomorrow, all with in 24 hours. American internal followed by BA transatlantic. The booking was made with BA.

Enter the BA website, I am redirected to the AA website, AA sector 1 boarding card printed and issued but the BA sector wont show never mind print.

Is this now normal with the AA/BA marriage?? The outbounds from London which went BA then AA I could print both boarding cards out from the BA web site.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls