A "Post Brexit Breakfast?"

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• MarcusGB
    Participant

On a lighter note with the chaos, regardless of votes or views, sitting here in Sydney for now, we were joking about what a “Post Brexit British Breakfast” would no longer include, or be supplied!!
    (Please read with your Humour hats on!)

No Vienna or French Bread, Croissants, No Dutch or “Foreign” Cheeses, or Mayo, or coffee Melk, (and no Genever!!).
    Italian meats removed, Swiss cheeses and chocolates, German Sausage, Greek olives, Fruits – only in season in UK.
    Spanish grown Oranges / juices, Cyprus Lemons and Limes, French Press or cafetiere’s (“Plunger” here in Australia) – All banned.
    No Greek Yoghurts, Belgian waffles or Dutch Pancakes, …

Our coffee’s should be renamed as here in Australia: Flat White, Short / Long Black, Mug-ochino, Dirty Latte, Skinny Flat…!

Of course, the reported 3,500 Troops will have to enforce this…. (limited nesw here on this deployment – sorry)

And our Great British Humour, and Comedy will now take a sharp halt.
    Allo Allo, Ab Fab in Paris, and Black Adder’s Sentence to a Prisoner, more brutal and cruel than ever before, of being “forced to spend a weekend in Belgium”, instead of Execution!

I wonder what The Forum’s views, or ideas would be…?

1 user thanked author for this post.

TominScotland
    Participant

Nice post, Marcus

Seasonally, too – no Brussels sprouts or sherry in the trifle – will ‘British Sherry’, that horror-of-horrors tipple, make a comeback? Wartime marmalade made from carrots? If we join EFTA, at least Swiss Rolls might be saved. But no Madeira cake or, indeed, Battenburg. Hamburgers? who knows (or cares)? Greek salad? Hungarian goulash?

And for the weekend, sir – no French letters (if anyone else is old enough to remember that term?) At least in the long term, the resulting baby boom might solve the labour shortages that are predicted…..

Enough of this drivel – a day’s work to complete here in Vientiane and then home – thank goodness, not into Gatwick!!

Happy Christmas, all

Henryp1
    Participant

[quote quote=910899]Nice post, Marcus

Seasonally, too – no Brussels sprouts or sherry in the trifle – will ‘British Sherry’, that horror-of-horrors tipple, make a comeback? Wartime marmalade made from carrots? If we join EFTA, at least Swiss Rolls might be saved. But no Madeira cake or, indeed, Battenburg. Hamburgers? who knows (or cares)? Greek salad? Hungarian goulash?

And for the weekend, sir – no French letters (if anyone else is old enough to remember that term?) At least in the long term, the resulting baby boom might solve the labour shortages that are predicted…..

Enough of this drivel – a day’s work to complete here in Vientiane and then home – thank goodness, not into Gatwick!!

Happy Christmas, all[/quote]

Hello Tom, nice to see you back and posting.

esselle
    Participant

French Toast ( which, under Macron, they seem to be).

capetonianm
    Participant

No HP sauce as it is now made in NL, I believe Marmite is too.

French letters also known as Capote Anglaise so they’re protected, if that’s not too bad a pun.

The Swiss have said they will continue to supply the holes in the cheese.

Going Dutch will no longer be an option, nor will French kissing.

Prostitutes will have to rename or withdraw a certain practice which some advertise.

canucklad
    Participant

Fun wee topic Marcus ……

My breakfast treat is Eggs Benedict ……. And although an American creation, it just wouldn’t be same without “Hollandaise Sauce”

My other favoured alternative is a good old fashioned “Spanish Omelette”

So my eggs are well and truly out : )

MarcusGB
    Participant

I fear that The Swiss Cheese holes will be subject to the new Importation and VAT taxes.
    (And try to move your undeclared Swiss accounts to something English sounding…)
    The Eurostar of course will be “cemented up” in the middle, LHR taken from The Spanish, Train Companies No longer run by European states for us, but it still maybe difficult to transport anything else in.

May i suggest that with all these basic Brexit Breakfast concerns, that we all meet up from BT, and travel (was going to say En Masse!), “together”, and go by what we like in the EU around 27th March, and bring it back the next day?
    I am happy to make the Amsterdam run for Sauces, cheese, Generever, Satay, Cofe Melk, Bols…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls