A new look for Highlife

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

Shearer
    Participant

A relaunch and rebrand is on the way.
    http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ba-rebrands-in-flight-magazine/130260/
    Website has been updated” http://www.bahighlife.com/

What’s your favourite inflight magazine? Do you read them? Do you enjoy them?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

About time, I find all inflight magazines generally boring (regardless of airline) and only have a quick flick through them to read the film/tv guide if on a long haul flight.

Vertrek
    Participant

I find Hollan Herald of KLM is good, The Garuda Magazine is good too.

But beside Herald, KLM also have e-magazine called iFly! And I personally think it is the best of all airline magazines out there. It shows how they care about their customer, not only in the airport and inflight but also wherever you are.

http://www.iflymagazine.com/?locale=nl_nl

Stowage222
    Participant

Hmmm, not sure I like the new design – seems ‘bitty’ in style. We’ll see after a few more issues. Business Life has also been revamped. On the plus side both magazines have a more contemporary feel to them.

SimonS1
    Participant

Can’t remember the last time I opened one. I would have thought in this day and age the airlines would want to avoid carting tons on unnecessary paper around.

The TV guide can be on the IFE system.

Stowage222
    Participant

Simon – with the development of future IFE capabilities, EMagazines will definately make an appearance on board very soon. I still think, though, most pax like to flick through a paper version, particularly on long sectors.

As well as the ‘free’ positive PR these mags offer I think they all make a healthy profit from which the airlines take a cut.

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s extraordinary that airlines keep carting all that heavy glossy paper around the planet, and the price of fuel isn’t getting any cheaper.

But I think there is gold in reaching the ABC1s who travel, and especially the BusinessLife and First magazines reach a prime audience, so the Ad space (even if it is almost always for hair loss and bizarre contraptions involving massage) must be cash positive.

e-mags are all well and good, but I like to read High Life on approach, when most electronics must be turned off, perhaps having exhausted my other reading matter, and John Simpson is always worth a read.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I actually find the BA Business Life magazine more interesting but i rarely see them that often.

JamesBAgold
    Participant

“John Simpson is always worth a read.”

+1 – I always read HighLife to read his latest travel missive. Good to see that both HighLife & BusinessLife have iPad apps for the iPad Newsstand now as well.

superchris
    Participant

Im a massive fan of the BA magazines, both highlife and business life.John Simpson is great in highlife, as is Deborah Meaden and some economist chap whose name I can never remember in Business life.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls