A new HKG-LGW Biz fare just out

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• superchris
    Participant

VK. Lounges dont typically interest a traveller in WT+.
    Interesting but on BA’s website they quote Dubai as an embodied route yet I travel this route almost every week and have yet to see it. I have flown on the only triple seven on this route about 20 times!
    see:
    http://www.britishairways.com/travel/new-world-traveller-plus/public/en_gb

Again, I think comparing BA WT+ with this new product (I didn’t misquote you as you said they are similar) is incorrect. I agree its yet to be tested, but it looks very good (onboard bar anyone??!!).

Im sure fares will find a level but faced with a small surcharge for HK airlines over BA WT+, I don’t see there is a choice.

BA need to wake up and smell the coffee. As Ive posted before, I fear for both of the British Carriers, in light of younger, hungrier, cheaper, fresher competition such as this.
    BA can buy some people off Prems, but their bread and butter travellers will vote with their feet if they don’t improve their product and quick.

Travellator
    Participant

There is NO lounge access with WT+

I know HKG airlines fly from LGW but if BA did the BA lounge at LGW is pretty basic – no hot food just cold cuts and gelatinous soup – I have used the Number One lounge on a couple of occasions before facing the dreaded afternoon tea when flying on CE !

superchris
    Participant

Travellator. Yes I know there is no lounge access with wt+. I was being ironic.

Number one lounge has great reviews – havent been myself.

Danwolf
    Participant

Agree with VK on the pricing points, as if they want to gain a foothold in the lucrative LON – HKG route they may need to slightly undercut the incumbents initially to gain market share from London based travellers. The pricing points, however, may be more based on attracting Hong Kong / Nearby APAC based premium travellers, where premium cabins return fares originating there tend to be higher than those originating in London.

BA have finally upped their game with offering ‘guaranteed’ New First on the route, and also introducing a 3rd daily flight (albeit replacing the Qantas flight, no doubt). The flight departure time squares them up nicely against Cathay.

ArthurDaley
    Participant

You can’t beat a classic British product, like BA’s World Traveller, with a massive 79cm seat pitch.

Put up against this dodgy eastern copycat seat with only 51 inches of room and any idiot can see why British is best.

Triumph, Rover, Morris, Austin giants of brands compared to eastern knock offs like Toyota and Honda.

ivornomates
    Participant

Superchris

Now you realise that VK is actually a keyboard FF not a real traveller, because if he was a real traveller he would not be on here 24/7 obviously defending a crap airline with overpriced crap products.

VK. Lounges dont typically interest a traveller in WT+.
    Interesting but on BA’s website they quote Dubai as an embodied route yet I travel this route almost every week and have yet to see it. I have flown on the only triple seven on this route about 20 times!
    see:
    http://www.britishairways.com/travel/new-world-traveller-plus/public/en_gb

Again, I think comparing BA WT+ with this new product (I didn’t misquote you as you said they are similar) is incorrect. I agree its yet to be tested, but it looks very good (onboard bar anyone??!!).

Im sure fares will find a level but faced with a small surcharge for HK airlines over BA WT+, I don’t see there is a choice.
    Superchris – now you realise that VK is actually a keyboard traveller, if he travelled as much as he claims then he would not be on here 24/7 trowelling the forums for information to answer every question that pops up and defending a crappy service from BA against airlines that run circles around them.

BA need to wake up and smell the coffee. As Ive posted before, I fear for both of the British Carriers, in light of younger, hungrier, cheaper, fresher competition such as this.
    BA can buy some people off Prems, but their bread and butter travellers will vote with their feet if they don’t improve their product and quick.

LeTigre
    Participant

ArthurDaley, your post makes me furious!

Inches= 2.5cm. Do not try to massage statistics in a way even VK would be ashamed of, comparing centimetres and inches is not at all fair. Also, if it wasn’t for high quality foreign carriers, BA would never up its game.

To address your other statement, I must remind you that the now bankrupt British car manufacturers were chronically mismanaged and the ones successful now- Vauxhall, Mini, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Land Rover, etc., are owned by foreign companies without exception. This companies may well cut jobs some times but they are ultimately the reason for the brands continuing existence.

stevescoots
    Participant

hengli, I think you missed that his comment was tongue in cheek..
    or maybe i missed that yours was also

superchris
    Participant

IMHO (and that of a number of my family members who worked for BL during the 70’s and 80’s,) the British Motor industry was killed by the unions with unrealistic demands out of touch with the realities of the growing global economy.

This resulted in poor products delivered by de-motivated staff out of touch with what the customer wanted. Ultimately the loyalty of the British public ran out and they took their custom to foreign controlled organisations offering superior products at a better price.

Not unlike the way our airline industry is going frankly.

Please don’t misunderstand me, I want BA / VS et al to be successful. Britain PLC needs them to be successful, but the way this is panning out, I see no future for either other than as a bit part player in a global industry controlled by the might of Asia, the Middle East, and a small number of savvy European carriers who are playing the game well.

On forums such as this, defend BA at all costs remarks are not what BA or anyone else needs right now.

yesshop
    Participant

A friend booked a short trip to New Zealand over the National Day holidays. He spoke to a supervisor and got things worked out.
    http://yesshop.yolasite.com/blog.php

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Superchris: That was a sensible input and it can not be truer!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls