A much smaller Hong Kong Airlines have returned all 6 leased A350 aircraft

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

Fangda Aviation the now owners of loss making Hong Kong Airlines have downsized its fleet and recently terminated all A350 leases.

Its last A350-900 was returned lessor Alafco at the end of August having not flown nearly four years and its widebody operational fleet currently consists of just 6 aircraft.

The Hong Kong airline is now much smaller than previously yet still loss making.
    There are (according to ch-aviation) nine A330-200s all stored for almost 4 years or returned to the parent company as are five more non operational leased A330-300s.

There are also 11 narrow body leased A320-200’s several of which are now operating again having all been in long term storage.

The fact that the airline is after losses for 12 consecutive years ( it has never made a profit) is still operating at all points to the fact that its loss making parent intends to push on presumably hoping for better days or a white knight buyer.

christ
    Participant

Thanks – interesting as i thought that they were bringing more A330s back to service. However, I looked at their timetable for October onwards and there seems to be a severe cut in routes and frequency to those which remain.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

With all the talk of a massive shortage of aircraft in the market, I would assume that there will be no shortage of takers for the leased A350s. BA could certainly do with some aircraft although, I guess, it all comes down to £s & $s.

cwoodward
    Participant

I understand that two aircraft are already placed by the leaser with the others being now in storage in I read France. There is however talk to the media of more A330’s but no detail.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls