2nd passport query

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

cameroon95
    Participant

Right guys I obtained a second passort for work purposes last year.

My “first” passport has expired and I intend to travel to the states in october.

My question is can I use my second passport for entry if my first official one has expired?

Just a wee bit scared that when I get there they will turn me away, but I don’t fancy paying £80 for no reason- i.e to renew my first passport if my second one is ok for a few years.

Thanks guys

travelworld
    Participant

Yes, the two operate entirely independently of the other. There should be no problem at all (but don’t forget to get your ESTA online from the US embassy for this passport even if you have one for the first one)

Swissdiver
    Participant

And stick to this second passport for your next trips to the US. I guess with ESTA now in place, going back to the former document might raise questions…

travelworld
    Participant

It’s also the case -and apologies for perhaps stating the obvious- that you should exit the country on the same passport you came in on…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

From experience – it doesnt matter whether you use your first passport of second passport for subsequent trips as long as you have a valid esta for each passport AND you are not suprised if asked by the immigration official why you are using 2 passports. Remember there is nothing illegal or wrong to have 2 passports (valid).

As travel world states, make sure you enter and leave on the same passport.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls