20A or 63B?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Manyatta
    Participant

Dear all,
    Can you give your view on an upper deck aisle seat or main deck window seat which I believe has unobstructed aisle access. Many thanks.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

You need to decide what you prefer, for me aisle seats are not great, even on the upper deck, as they are too open and 20A is direct aisle access, but the lower deck is not so nice.

openfly
    Participant

20A has got the economy bassinets on the other side of the curtains…screaming babies and all that! 63B will be marginally quieter but is close to the noise from the loo. If there are no window seats upstairs, go for an aisle 62 or 61. 60B is a crew seat, so not available and 60J is by the front loo door…avoid.

icenspice
    Participant

Hello Manyatta

I would go for the upper deck. Overall, it is a much more pleasant experience.

Hello openfly

60B is definitely not exclusively used by crew. At the T5B lounge I asked if I could change to the upper deck 15 minutes before boarding, and I was given that seat. I can’t comment on the load downstairs, but the UD was full. I can only imagine the flight was very busy.

BTW, I am not even related to BA crew. We are talking about the BA B747? ?

Manyatta
    Participant

Yes it is the BA747. Thanks for the thoughts – the possibility of crying babies close by on a night flight clinches it. Upper deck it is!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=717070]Yes it is the BA747. Thanks for the thoughts – the possibility of crying babies close by on a night flight clinches it. Upper deck it is!

[/quote]

You do realise that there is a bassinet stationo 1 row behind 63B, don’t you?

Manyatta
    Participant

I do now. I would assume bigger risk downstairs?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Trust me Manyatta, crying babies are not seated only in the bassinet seats…. currently sat on a A319 and there are 2 in normal seats!!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

What did you do to make them cry? 😉

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I am not that bad FDoS..

Funny thing , mother wit screaming child walked up to the front to use the loo, carrying child, handed the baby to a male cabin crew member and went into the loo… the child screamed until mum came out a cabin crew member had no idea what to do….

GivingupBA
    Participant

I’ve often been on both upper deck (great) and main deck (not great), but my main hate in BA Club World is aisle seats. So if it was me I’d go for seat 20A.

Manyatta
    Participant

Well all of your messages went to my spam box except Martyn. Perhaps I should decide on this basis??

ChrisJR
    Participant

I just flew the BA B744 for the first time in a long while last week and had the choice of an Aisle seat upstairs (61J), front row Aisle downstairs (which has the advantage of not being climbed over) or a window downstairs on the last row (so facing WT+ and possible babies in the front row). I opted for upstairs and glad I did – the aisles are quite a bit wider on the upper deck so it feels a bit more private and roomier, and of course the smaller cabin is great too. I actually managed to swap with someone who was sat in 64K (don’t ask how) which really made the journey more enjoyable. But generally as I say, I think upstairs is far better, even on the aisle. For information, I also flew a Lufthansa B748 upstairs on the same trip – not as good as the BA B744. The cabin is longer so more people (32 people I think, compared to 20 on BA), and didn’t feel anywhere near as private.

Manyatta
    Participant

Thank you ChrisJR. Very informative

Swissdiver
    Participant

Upper deck hands down, for the private feel and the service (two FA for 20 pax). Windows seats have in addition a nice extra space on the side.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls