200 Tier Points in 2 days

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

It would appear it has never given access to BA T5 lounges other than on a few flights to Aus, Singapore and HK. I presume those went down the pan when Emirates became involved.

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/qantas-club-can-no-longer-access-galleries-ba-lounges.20544/

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Speedbird, just to add some meat to Alexpo’s post, Southern Train to London Bridge. Then Jubilee line to Canning Town. Up (or down – depending on direction) a short flight of stairs (lift is available) or escalator to the DLR to LCY. It’s the Woolwich service.

Alternative, for around £50 get a minicab but depending on time of day beware of traffic!

SimonS1
    Participant

Other than at peak periods it’s First Capital Connect that runs services to London Bridge.

Also be aware that London Bridge station is being rebuilt and on certain days (like today) all services from Gatwick are diverted and do not call there. If so you need to get off at either Blackfriars or Elephsnt & Castle where is is a bit of a hike to the tube.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Simon, I should have put that. Also, some Southern services require a change at E. Croydon. I think First Capital all go direct.

Hope we’re not confusing you Speedbird?

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

Ehhhh, thanks? I actually did get lost last time I went to LCY. I was being cocky and got off a tube stop early for my connection thinking I knew what I was doing – totally lost and had to go to a cab office to get round to the airport in time. So, head for London Bridge (if it’s open), Jubilee to Canning Town, then the Woolwich service on DLR. I’m glad this came up, I would again cockily have made my way from Gatwick heading in the general direction and maybe got lost again. I’m a simple country boy! Thanks all.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Should be some good Malta fares in the upcoming sale….

NNoah16
    Participant

Another alternative for £450 pounds a year is to get an American Express Platinum charge card:
    – Equivalent of BA Silver with Marco Polo / Cathay Pacific
    – Priority Pass Membership
    – SPG Gold
    – Le Club Accor Platinum

Stamford
    Participant

My understanding is AMEX has ended the complimentary Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Gold status at the end of March 2014.

travelworld2
    Participant

Yes, it has- as it has the equivalent of BA Gold on the Centurion card, although those who held them on expiry of the offer have had a further six months added on after the expiry date.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls