16 year old solo to USA (indirect)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• millionsofmiles
    Participant

My daughter travelled on her own between Germany and the US quite often, starting with 12.
    And usually, a transfer with change of plane was included.
    She had an F or C ticket.

There were never any problems except onceat immigration in IAD she did did not have the EXACT address of our hotel in DEN. Big problem.
    But that was solved by AMEX Centurion service (which I had a THAT time…nor more). Their callcenter retrieved my hotel booking and so it could be specified.
    Generally, there is no real issue why a kid shouldn’t travel alone.

jetplane
    Participant

My sister flew on Swiss and seemingly always got an Upgrade, she’d bring along the caviar for exeat reunions, we always had some 1/3 bottles of vino to accompany that and the nuts. Nostailgic moment!! Those were the days. In those days there was one of the bother that we now face at UKBl**dy Awful, “where have you come from?….. Well how long do you want to make this Q wait for?”

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Canuklad and others – under normal circumstances I would agree that I am denying my son an adventure – however…. 6 hours before he travels to the States he is arriving back into London after 3 1/2 weeks on an Israel tour with 500 or so of his closest friends :))

he is unlikely to have slept, washed, eaten properly or changed clothes during that time. I think the there is a risk if I send him via somewhere that he will either fall asleep, forget where he is meant to be going or smell some immigration hall out sufficiently for him to be sent back to the UK.

Hence the safer route option – airmiles – direct to Orlando!!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls