10 Things to do Before You Die

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

So many… What comes to my mind now:
    – Machu Picchu
    – Galapagos
    – Orient-Express train (SIN-BKK)
    – Skydiving
    – White shark diving (yes, the one in a cage)

Bucksnet
    Participant

Find out who VK is?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just saw a documentary on the The History channel this evening about

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1368099/

I am sure my top 10 + more are contained in this journey.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Papillion, been banging my head against the proverbial wall trying to recall the Corinth Canal.

I’ve given up on wanting to do Cape to Cairo as I think it’s a bit dangerous now. Having said that, someone I know from Knysna just drove from here to Cork in about three weeks. I’m trying to get his route. I’ll content myself with a trip to Tanzania via Zim and Malawi, returning through Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia and Botswana. Well that’s one of my dreams anyway.

Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.

RTW with one of the Queens. Mary, Victoria or Elzabeth that is, the full 120 day Monty!

canucklad
    Participant

Brilliant topic LP……..

Reminds you that you work to live and not the other way round !!

In no particular order……

1) Visit Yellowknife, saw it on a depature board at YVR when I was 10ish, watched the PWA plane depart and thought to myself
    ” I wonder whats that’s like “..should have added then flew over it on polar route to AMS…which I no longer had in an interest in!

2) Helsiki and for the same reason as above, this time Finnair odd looking plane ( Caravelle) departing from next gate at AMS

3) Have an adventure in Cockfosters………its the end of the line…Scary

4) Seaplane from Vancouver Harbour to Victoria Harbour returning to the Flying Beaver Pub Terminal (YVR) for Beer & Wings

5) Swim in the Victoria Falls Devil pool

http://www.funalso.com/Miscellaneous/devilpool/627

6) Play the 19th hole at Limpopo golf course

http://www.southafrica.info/news/sport/golf-extreme-150110.htm

7) Master Scuba Diving….brilliant snorkler, hopeless with a tank

8) Vietnam —Top Gear fashion……

9) The Stratosphere rollercoater ride at the top of the hotel in Las Vegas before the kids get too old!….although you’re never too old for the funfair

10) Watch my beloved hockey team win the Stanley Cup!! or Scotland at a WC final etc

And tongue in cheek, i’m going to allow myself an 11th LP…sorry…….Jump on a Tram at EDi and get off it at Waverley….but I’m just dreaming now! LOL

epeek06
    Participant

(1) Eat a big mac

ImissConcorde
    Participant

canucklad: Sorry but the rollercoaster has been gone from the Stratosphere tower for some time. You can bungee jump down!!!! Alternatively there is Insanity or X-Scream. ‘Scuse me. Feeling quite nauseous now!!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Canucklad, and you’re right. Work to live!

Interesting how many of us want to do the same things. It’s also reminded me of some of the things I want to do and forgot about!!!

DutchinSwitzerland
    Participant

Although a lot have been about place where you would have to fly to, nothing much actual has to do with flying, so here are a few things on my Bucketlist

1. Non-Stop all business flight of Singapore Airlines from SIN to EWR and back
    2. Round The World Trip with a maximum number of stops (on this trip you could do a lot of things all of you reminded me doing)
    3. Round The World Trip with a minimum number of stop
    4. Camper trip through all the states of the USA
    5. Write a book about the adventures during the above mentioned trips
    6. Die peacefully in my sleep

JohnnyFox
    Participant

I’ve done so many of these perhaps mine should be:

11. One-way ticket to Zurich before the miles run out and I have to fly economy.

🙂

RetiredLawyer
    Participant

In no particular order:
    1. Xi’an for the terra cotta warriors.
    2. Cruise the Amazon river.
    3. Return to Moorea (French Polynesia) – the most beautiful place I’ve been in my life.
    4. Follow the Wine Trail in Marlborough, New Zealand.
    5. Petra, Jordan
    6. Ulura, Australia at sunrise.
    7. Palace on Wheels (luxury tourist train) to Agra, India, and the Taj Mahal.
    8. Macchu Picchu (but may never get there due to the altitude).
    9. Snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef.
    10. Blue Train in South Africa.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls