10 million miles… done!!!

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

robsmith100
    Participant

Right who is coming close to beating this one?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14097038

Does BA offer a similar deal for their FF’s?

LindsayW
    Participant

There are a number of FF’s who have already attained that mark, according to this story:
    url=http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/travelers_check/archives/2011/07/the_10-million_frequent_flier_miles_club.html

Qantas’s number 1 FF, Mel Gottlieb (yes, he has the actual QF0001 on his card) hit 7M back in 2008, so presumably he has made it as well.

I’m only just making 1M now, after 22 years of flying. Boy, do I need a leg up 😀

millionsofmiles
    Participant

I collected around 3,3 mio miles on LH between 1993 and 2000, and around some hundred thousands on KLM, BA and AF in the same period. I shuttled a lot betwen Europe and Asia in F and a lot of flights in Europe or domestic. At that time, there was no HON Circle (black card), but you could still smoke in LH and BA and KL and AF until around 1997/98…what a bliss!

All miles gone now with usage for holidays…No status with any airline nowadays. Somehow, I miss it.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Honestly I hope I’ll never be part of this club. 500’000 miles a year, on average during the past 10 years. That’s about 10’000 miles a week, on average. No thank you!

Bullfrog
    Participant

That’s not a club to which I would like to belong !

Fortunately my working life did not require business abroad, so all my flights were for pleasure. Having been very fortunate to retire early, I now enjoy First & or Business Class flights when ever I like, and I reckon I travel no more than 30,000 miles a year.

Very satisfied.

Senator
    Participant

Hello,

Whilst we normally hold the US carriers in lower esteem than their European and Asian brethren, they tend to measure the actual miles you travel, something few European programmes do.

So, I have averaged 200.000 Miles & More miles per annum since 2001, but haven’t flown 200k miles each year. The fixed amounts, double and triple miles for business and first makes up for a large amount.

Therefore, I find the chap that has flown an actual 10m miles incredible and have no wish to emulate. I am content with my two monthly European trips and the 2-4 long-haul I do annually.

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

I have accumulated 2 million actual miles (not FFP miles) in 25 years. and I feel that is far too much for my health and the sanity of my relationships. I cannot begin to imagine 10 million actual miles.

At 400 mph all in average – not a bad rule of thumb for airlines once you take into account takeoff and landing – that is 25,000 hours in the air, or about 3 years. In 20 years?? Did he really spend 15% of all his time in the air?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls