With the August 9 launch of Singapore Airlines’ (SIA) premium economy product inching closer, the airline has unveiled its culinary choices for the new cabin class.
As we reported in February (see here), one of the main distinguishing factors between SIA’s economy and premium economy service offering will be the “Book the Cook” option.
Patrons that frequent the airline’s first and business class cabins will be familiar with the dining concept, which allows them to order from an extensive selection of meal choices prior to boarding.
So what types of “Book the Cook” dishes can premium economy passengers expect? Well, for the first customers travelling from Singapore to Sydney on August 9, SIA has stated that it will offer the following menu:
- Lime sauce pan fried fish pasta
- Butter chicken and jalfrezi vegetables
- Seafood thermidor saffron rice
- Lamb shank korma with basmati rice
- Roasted chicken thigh in creamy mushroom sauce
- Fish fillet with black bean sauce
- Beef carbonade, fresh mashed potato and roasted vegetables
- Szechuan beef with vegetables
- Stir fried char siew noodles (only available for breakfast)
- Apple and cinnamon crepes (only available for breakfast)
The menu for flights to Singapore will include:
- Rosemary beef brisket
- Roasted chicken in garlic cream sauce
- Seafood pasta in creamed tomato basil sauce
- Roasted chicken rice
- Spiced chicken nasi biryani
- Nasi lemak with fried chicken (also available for breakfast)
- Assorted dim sum (only available for breakfast)
- Minced pork congee with century egg (only available for breakfast)
- Pancakes with maple syrup and scrambled eggs (only available for breakfast)
Another high-density route in Asia is the Hong Kong–Singapore service. Premium economy passengers flying from Hong Kong will choose from the following options:
- Chicken spinach curry
- Chicken korma
- Beef stew with mushroom
- Fish with garlic butter
- Seafood in fish sauce
- Cashew nut chicken
- Fish with yellow curry
- Stir fried pork noodles
- Potato cakes with cheese scrambled eggs (only available for breakfast)
- Wok fried vermicelli with dim sum (only available for breakfast)
Click here to view a complete list of all the available menus that also cover flights from Frankfurt, London and Paris.
Business Traveller Asia-Pacific will be travelling to Singapore as a guest of SIA for the unveiling of the premium economy seat on May 21.
For more information, visit singaporeair.com