Qatar Airways’ new Boeing B787 Dreamliner made its commercial debut today, with a one-hour flight between Doha and Dubai.
The carrier took delivery of its first Dreamliner from Boeing’s factory in Seattle last week (for a review of Qatar’s new business class product on board the aircraft click here), and will operate it on four daily rotations between Doha and Dubai for a temporary period until January 31.
The airline is due to take delivery of four B787s before the end of the year, and the aircraft will make its long-haul debut on flights to London from next month, before being added to routes including Zurich, Frankfurt and Delhi.
Commenting on the choice of Dubai for the Dreamliner’s first commercial service, CEO Akbar Al Baker said:
“Dubai is one of our most popular routes and we felt it important to give our passengers in and around our neighbouring city an opportunity to experience the comforts of our new plane before it begins long-haul commercial services.”
The full schedule of Dreamliner flights between Doha and Dubai is listed below.
For more information visit qatarairways.com.
Report by Mark Caswell
Doha-Dubai Boeing 787 Dreamliner schedules, effective November 20, 2012 to January 31, 2013:
Doha (DOH) to Dubai (DXB) – daily
- QR102 Departs Doha at 0110, arrives in Dubai at 0320
- QR106 Departs Doha at 0800, arrives in Dubai at 1010
- QR116 Departs Doha at 1320, arrives in Dubai at 1530
- QR118 Departs Doha at 1840, arrives in Dubai at 2050
Dubai (DXB) to Doha (DOH) – daily
- QR103 Departs Dubai at 0545, arrives in Doha at 0555
- QR101 Departs Dubai at 1140, arrives in Doha at 1150
- QR117 Departs Dubai at 1655, arrives in Doha at 1705
- QR119 Departs Dubai at 2205, arrives in Doha at 2215