Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces relaunched its loyalty programme, InnerCircle, in 2015 with more benefits to its members. Some of these include: “an easy redemption process with myriad opportunities ranging from accommodation, restaurants and spas, and no expiry of points for active members”.
This month, InnerCircle has announced its revamped Epicure programme, an extension of Taj InnerCircle. It allows diners to earn and redeem points at more than 250 restaurants, 100 bars and 60 spas across over 80 Taj properties worldwide. Earlier spas weren’t included in the programme that was eligible at properties within India only.
Chinmai Sharma, the chief revenue officer at Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces says, “As part of our constant endeavour to enhance guest experiences, we have redesigned the Epicure programme to make dining more rewarding at some of the most sought after restaurants in the world. Based on insights from our members, the programme has been redesigned to offer a compelling value proposition that goes beyond dining and opens up the world of Taj to our members. We have award winning bars, restaurants and spas in our portfolio offering distinctive experiences and Epicure will serve to showcase these to the new breed of emerging consumers.”
The new Epicure programme:
- Extends the 25 per cent earning on dining to include spa treatments as well.
- Allows members to earn points for a party of any size instead of limiting eligibility to a group of 12 people or under.
- Has expanded validity to restaurants, bars and spas worldwide from limiting it to within India.
- Has extended the complimentary night, from properties at the resident city where the card was purchased, to all hotels in India and Sri Lanka (except Grand Palaces and Safari Lodges).
- Doesn’t have an expiry date for points so long as members have a valid InnerCircle membership.
- Includes members of the Silver tier.
- Doesn’t issue paper vouchers anymore; all vouchers are electronically fed into the InnerCircle card.
Existing members of the Taj InnerCircle Epicure programme cannot upgrade to the revamped structure. They need to buy a new membership to avail of the benefits.