Long Schiphol Queues

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

• FaroFlyer
    Participant

[quote quote=828662]Just a quick update. Mrs.LP passed through security just now in 1 minute flat.
    She will report later as it was not a good experience overall.

[/quote]

I passed through on Monday 18 Sept, but it took me twice that time:-)

LuganoPirate
    Participant

But did it include a full pat down Faro? Mrs.LP was subjected to that pleasure! 😉

Edski777
    Participant

Is that what’s missing for Mrs LP? Come on, I’m sure you can resolve this problem. You don’t need security personnel at airports for that, don’t you? 😉

On average my time to pass through security at Schiphol, Amsterdam airport is less than 10 minutes this summer. I find that quite good considering the higher security requirements at airports throughout the EU. Scandinavian airports are performing OK, some British airports (Manchester and Luton) were far worse. But don’t get me started on airports in Spain and Italy. Horrendous.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

[quote quote=828728]Pat Down Faro? Mrs.LP was subjected to that pleasure! ?
    …that well known Irish security guard.
    [/quote]

Speedbird1994
    Participant

Flew last week through Schihpol. Paid extra for Sky Priority, which worked well at security, through in about 5 minutes. But the passport lines were once again awful. Only half the machines open, and took a good half hour to get through.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[quote quote=828728]But did it include a full pat down Faro? Mrs.LP was subjected to that pleasure! ?

[/quote]

Drat! Missed out again.

Contrary to Speedbird’s experience I was through passport machines in and out in just a few minutes. Returning to BHX I had to wait 24 minutes, and 18 minutes at BHX again today. LHR T5 last week was also a matter of minutes.

Last week at CPH, LHR and AMS no need to remove glasses for passport machines. BHX I had to on both occasions. Are all machines the same, or are there different manufacturers?

MarcusGB
    Participant

It still depends on the day and time you travel, though the Airport has been extremely busy, yet remained efficient through summer.
    KLM alone had 6.1% increase on their Load factors, to over 91%, so many people coming in and through Schiphol.

I have been travelling from LCY to AMS every 3 weeks for the last few years, was weekly.
    leaving on Saturdays not any delays, returning at peak hours weekdays Ex 17.15 KLM flights. Leaving on Mondays and through AMS around midday no problems.
    As a Platinum KLM / Skyteam member i use the Sky Priority check in areas, up through the priority areas to D, and have not taken more than 5 minutes after check in.
    Not sure where or which Airlines you have used as it will make a difference, and times.
    At 3-5pm many check in for Far East & UK flights with KLM also, so these are busy times for these flight departures, and they have taken 1/4 of the time of LHR. It is very congested at the D6 gates with bus transfers for the CityHopper services.
    Immigration have E Gates open for EU, and manual desks, bringing Immigration Police Military out when queues are more than 15 in line.

Schiphol remains one of the best, especially with a Check in to gate and Boarding Priority channel, which fails in parts at many other European Airports.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls