Air France’s new ad campaign

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

Surely not, Rich! My perception of our Forum here is that the dominant (but not exclusive) view is that BA has no weak spots.

RichHI1
    Participant

I would not use the word spot as it implies small areas… Different strokes different folks. Any attempt to bash Jingoism and anti Johnny foreigner gets my vote…
    DO you remember British Caledonian with the tartan uniforms out of Gatwick? The wonderful NYANDLA campaign?

DClinPsy
    Participant

Wow! You people who makes fun of AF crashes are savages!
    It’s ok to criticized an advert but to make fun of the horrible things that happened? It is not fine and unjustifiedable!

If you should know our “Great” Britain is not that great! UK means nothing without EU! If there is a war between Indonesia and UK and both offering their lands and richness in it to those who pick their side, who do you think The world will pick? Huh? The UN will drop a nuclear a size of British isle to British isle!
    You guys make me ashamed to be a British subject! To be honest I am a quarter white and 3/4 oriental. In small English village people stares and try to stay away from me cos I am an alien! Talking about an open minded and liberal country aye? Even Singapore and Indonesia do better then us! Believe me!

BA should thanks VK and Thise who make fun of AF crashes cos I’ll be giving my business to AF and SkyTeam! I don’t want to be onboard the same plane with savages!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Thank you for your thoughts and words, DClinPsy.

rdee123
    Participant

Now let’s be fair – the for the style of ad, it is done very well. It’s sophisticated and aspirational. The problem is that they’ve been doing this style of add for quite some time now, so it feels less innovative. Also, you would hope that they can match these lofty aspirations with excellent product and service, otherwise the campaign lacks credibility (I’ve only flown AF short-haul, so not sure on this one!)

RichHI1
    Participant

DClinPsy
    1. Yes making fun of Air France’s safety record is tasteless and disrespectful to the victims and their friends and relatives. Some posters have a certain way of doing things rresulting in exaggeration and hyperbole and it does upset many… as happened on 9/11. I do not believe it to be intentional.

2. Great Britain ceased being Great a long time ago which is one reason for the switch to the soubriquet United Kingdom. I believe your analysis of the EU’s relevance to be flawed however.

3. Come to Hawaii, we have very few issues of mixed race, though Hawaiians rightly feel disadvantaged after their land was taken from them and their monarchy was imprisoned. Chinese, Japanese, Filipinos, Portuguese, Mainland and the resulting fusion of food and culture is I think the best in the world.

4. I would look carefully at the racial politics in France, Netherlands and Italy before making comments on savages. Whilst the UK may not be the most racial mixed of countries it is not the UK that is prosecuting women for wearing their religous dress (i.e.niqab and burka) .

DClinPsy
    Participant

Rich, when I said savages, it only represent you lots who males fun of AF not the whole UK!

You can justify whatever you do and said, but you know that it’s wrong and can’t be undo. Deal with it however you want and just so you know, I still feel disgusted.

Have a nice day and safe travel.

RichHI1
    Participant

Read the posts. I think you are confusing comments.

DClinPsy
    Participant

Your 2nd last post, intentionally or unintentionally was there as a result of you being criticized, in which you didn’t like it, you felt not happy and you tried to comfort your feeling by criticizing me on my loose points to put me in the same position as you.

I am expecting more from this forum because I’d like to think this forum is full of working professionals who arenot necessary old but mature, anyway, have a nice day.

RichHI1
    Participant

Sorry you are labouring under a misapprehension. I found myself at odds previosuly with soem posts Ifound tasteless and it became clear that the poster did not intend to offend they just had a very unique sense of humour. As you were obviously upset by the comments I was trying to share my experience with you.

I also have a dislike for xenophobia and I find the mixture of cultures in Hawaii far more to my taste. This dislike prompted my observation that France would not be the first nation that comes to mind as racially tolerant.

Anyway, post mortem over, I think we agree on a dislike of xenophobia and racism if not the way we express it.

I fundamentally disagree with your views on the EU but on political and economic not cultural grounds.

Happy trails.

lloydah
    Participant

Sorry guys but am about to choke laughing here mainly at how serious some people take the thread. It’s an ad. for God’s sake, nothing more.
    And as for the comments – again, horses for courses.

RichHI1
    Participant

They shoot horses don’t they… 🙂

lloydah
    Participant

As one who has a house in Newmarket I wouldn’t say that out loud.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I have never been so unwell as when dining in Luxembourg I was encouraged to eat a plate of enormous horse-steak.

Just managed half of it, and wasn’t quite back to normal for days afterwards.

lloydah
    Participant

sacre bleu, ‘orse? On un plat? Je preferez cow.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls