How do you watch UK TV

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Firstly my apologies, I remember a previous thread but I just cannot find it. If anyone knows the link to it I would be most grateful.
    Living in Kuala Lumpur with a good internet download of 17.5 megabytes.
    I have tried a VPN on my laptop, but when using this the speed drops dramatically making it impossible to watch Iplayer or the other UK TV online services.
    I have tried 2 boxes from different suppliers, UKTV everywhere and UK TV abroad, and while both are brilliant with live TV , programs on the catch up service is very hit and miss, with lots of buffering and stalling.

My thanks to all

Drsimon
    Participant

i live in oz and gave up trying to watch live tv or iplayer as our speed is terrible – i just download via a VPN and watch then – not ideal but saves the dam buffering!

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Drsimon thanks, which VPN provider do you use? and how do you download.

AndrewinHK
    Participant

I use Getflix. Just google it. It works well and I can watch UK and US tv without any issue. They charge you $3 per month to use the service. They offer a 14 day free trial, no need to download anything.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls