Ways to get a cheap flight

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

LondonGuy
    Participant

Hi Cameron,

Good post – think I will help add to it!

The APEX (advanced purchase) on BA and VS is the main reason that the business class fares jump up so much. As an agent, we get special fares that keeps the price lower right up till the date of departure – thus giving savings of anywhere between £500-2000 and beyond in some cases.

Another is the “Saturday night stay” rule, especially for the US. We get special fares that allow us to disregard this in conjunction with bypassing the APEX.

I’m here to help too – so please feel free to send questions my way as well.

Happy travelling!

TROLLYDOLLY
    Participant

Best APEX for BA is 42 days in Club

corkie*
    Participant

Hi folks, this is very useful. It would be useful to get some examples of these on star alliance airlines too if possible…
    Thanks in advance!

Cameron
    Participant

Hi Corkie best way to save money on Star Alliance is to book packages. particularly on the high end partners like SQ if you have an example of a trip I will show you what I am talking about. They to have an apex I think its 42 days and again staying a saturday night helps ( This can be wavered with certain agents.

Johnhighlander
    Participant

So what does work? I book 3 weeks in advance and include a Saturday night on trips to the US to get better pricing – is there better pricing available without the need to do this?

LondonGuy
    Participant

Hi John,

If it is economy – you can get the lower price pretty much anytime but you must have a Saturday night stay. If you don’t want a Saturday night, there are ways around this so ask me and I’ll let you know.

If it is business or first (or even premium economy), agents get special rates that allow us to get lower prices without having the Saturday night as well as without advance purchasing.

If you have dates and a destination in mind, let me know and I’ll send you a couple of quote – email me on <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] and I’ll send you a reply from my work address with a couple of options for you.

Happy travelling!

VintageKrug
    Participant

All interesting stuff.

I am rather curious if indeed Cameron and LondonGuy are the very same person, though……they seem only to pop up replying to each other’s posts…….

LondonGuy
    Participant

Hello VintageKrug,

I have turned you into a cynic haven’t I?

I’ve done it once, and if I were to do it again, that would be a bit suspect! If you want, ask for Camerons business email address and if you email me you address, you’ll get replies from separate email addresses. At the same time, you’ll be able to see where I work and hopefully that will restore some confidence.

If you can think of anything else, let me know and I’ll glad go that route.

Happy Travelling!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Quite happy to take your word for it!

I think it is great you are setting out opportunities to save money; great stuff!

But do be aware it can make a broad based travel forum like this rather dull if a thread like simply becomes a whole load of people asking for cheap flights to Torremolinos, with repetitive responses.

Cameron
    Participant

Yes John book throuigh an agent like myself that has the power to over ride those rules but I did not want this to be a me advertising myself thread more a general tip for all companys

Cameron
    Participant

Me and LondonGuy are different people working for different major agencies with different specials and offers so if anyone wants a quote please try both of us thanks

LondonGuy
    Participant

Some great news for all Economy Class passengers to the US!

Just discovered that we have some incredible fares with Virgin to all (I think!) of its US destinations and they don’t require a Saturday night stay!

I’ve had one today where I halved the fare to ORD!

Anyone needing anything on a VS route – please don’t hesitate to ask – Economy, Premium Economy or Upper Class.

Happy Travelling!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls