Trollying

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

On another thread, a poster mentioned the act of ‘trollying’,which I didn’t immediately recognise, so I did some research.

It seems there are at least two forms of this act

1 – surreptitiously adding products to other consumers shopping trolleys

2 – riding a supermarket trolley down a hill

Is anyone aware of other types of trollying?

capetonianm
    Participant

When I was a kid I used to go to visit my grandparents on a trolleybus. Was that an early form of trollying?

Poshgirl58
    Participant

Or is it the art of building a trolley usually from pram wheels, odd bits of wood and a piece of rope attached to front wheel axles for steering. Something my brother and boy next door put together in their wild days (now 58 and 59 respectively!).

stevescoots
    Participant

getting trollied is another term for seriously drunk, up there with wasted etc

capetonianm
    Participant

Trolley braai

A common (mis)use of shopping trolleys in the Cape Flats!

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Off your trolley – behaving in an extremely unusual way or doing something very silly

Flightlevel
    Participant

From the movie “Absolutely Fabulous” one of the best slapstick comedies since the Marx Bros!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Ten ingenious uses for an old shopping trolley!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2009/feb/25/supermarkets-pollution

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Stewardesses used to wonder if it was better to be called the “Dolly with the trolley” or the “Tart with the cart”.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Perhaps a term to be used in the all too common event of those seated in the aisle, having elbows, knees & legs ‘accidentally’ bashed by cabin crew as they do the rounds – Jet2 are the worst I’ve experienced for this kind of ‘Trollying’ – Anyone would think they derived pleasure from it 😉

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=808616]On another thread, a poster mentioned the act of ‘trollying’,which I didn’t immediately recognise, so I did some research.

It seems there are at least two forms of this act

1 – surreptitiously adding products to other consumers shopping trolleys

2 – riding a supermarket trolley down a hill

Is anyone aware of other types of trollying?

[/quote]

I’ve never tried number 1. Sounds like fun though.

I wouldn’t recommend number 2 though. Too many health and safety implications, in the event of hitting something you could find yourself ‘In the air’ without a paddle.

Intheair
    Blocked

Oh Simon – you make me split my sides.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls