The Junction Restaurant & Bar, Holiday Inn Belfast, Northern Ireland

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

October 2014, Dinner

During our stay at the Holiday Inn Belfast we had dinner at the Junction Restaurant & Bar.

The space has two sections: Near the entrance is the bar – there is sometimes live music – and the restaurant.

When we arrived the bar was busy with a large ladies group. The restaurant was only occupied with a family.

Since there was no MaƮtre de, we chose our table in the contemporary space.

There were floor to ceiling windows along one side allowing day light to flood the room.

At first we had some difficulty getting the attention of one of the waitresses, because they were kept busy by the group. The wait was worth it, though and the service attentive from then on.

The menu was a mix of classic, modern, local and international dishes.

We ordered two orange juice, one glass of Chilean Rose, a glass of Tia Maria without ice, two salmon fillets with mango salsa and a salad consisting of green leaves, sun dried tomatoes and anchovies, a sticky toffee pudding and a fruit salad.

The presentation was very nice, for example the mango salsa came in its own little steel bucket.

The wine was surprisingly dark colored. It was more red than rose. It was dry with fruity notes and to my liking.

The salmon was cooked to perfection and the salsa finger licking good.

The salad was nicely balanced between being sweet and salty.

The toffee pudding was very good too.

The bill came in at slightly under 57 GBP (ca. 72.40 Euro or ca. 91.90 USD).

Would we recommend this restaurant to a friend? YES!
    Would we eat at The Junction Restaurant again? YES?

nibbler
    Participant

Or you can walk down the road and have a far superior meal at Deane’s deli

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

@nibbler, it’s all about choices. Thanks for your recommendation.

SimonS1
    Participant

Nothing better than fish and chips in the Crown on Great Victoria Street washed down by a Guinness or two.

There is a Pizza Hut available as well I believe.

Silly question uggboy, but did the ladies make a lot of noise?

SGJNI1961
    Participant

About 100 metres away is James St. South, one of N I ‘s better restaurants, which would have been my choice!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls