OSL – LHR – PHX and return, a tale from First

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

• Flyboy18
    Participant

Roadking…..I’m a crew member for BA and I urge you so send this review to BA customer service for the attention of Mr Frank Van Der Post, head of customer experience. I’m pleased and sadden at some of your experiences and really urge you to do this.

Flyboy18
    Participant

Roadking…..I’m a crew member for BA and I urge you so send this review to BA customer service for the attention of Mr Frank Van Der Post, head of customer experience. I’m pleased and sadden at some of your experiences and really urge you to do this.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Scott72

I know you mean well, but Road King’s trip review is pretty normal, it describes about every other flight I take with BA.

And there is plenty of anecdotal evidence on here and in other places sending the same message.

If BA senior management isn’t aware of the repetitive inconsistencies, hardware issues and service failures by now, I really don’t know what sending one trip report will achieve.

Edited to add that the only comment he made that I have not witnessed is crew luggage in the galley impeding pax, which is unbelievable (but I am not questioning the OPs experience.)

BeckyBoop
    Participant

You all need to refresh yourselves with this thread…

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/BA-AA-Cathay

and especially the comments by BMBettesworth – 01/11/2012 23:21 GMT

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

BeckyBoop – 12/04/2013 16:12 GMT
    You all need to refresh yourselves with this thread…

Erm – why?

Because one of the BA brain-trust replied to a complaint stating that he knew how pants they are? Has been 5 months since that email, what has Frank Vandenplas done in that time?

Whatever it is, it doesn’t seem to be filtering down the chain – have you read anything (anything) on this forum (with the obvious exception) from a contributor who has flown with them and has seen significant improvement?

Rgds.
    AOTG.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Yes, I actually find most of the negative comments against BA very surprising as I have never had a problem. I will admit I have never been a fan of Frank mind. Another reason why more of you should attend the BA Taste of London event. You actually have a chance to meet the people in charge face to face.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/BA-Taste-of-London-2013

BigDog.
    Participant

ATOG -16:27 GMT

+1

Classic. You are a master of wit and repartee.

Top notch trip report RoadKing.
    Safe travels DOS.

As to meeting BA movers and shakers face-2-face – don’t hold your breath. I had a VIP Access all areas type ticket + BAEC backed with a Blue Peter Badge – got the book, the champagne, sheltered from the rain in the large tent with couches, tried varieties of cress? on the BA stand etc but no-one apart from the union jack wellied BA promotional team to be seen.
    Regardless of how often VintageBoop posts the link or bumps the thread, I will not be muddying my shoes again.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

BeckyBoop – 12/04/2013 16:39 GMT
    Yes, I actually find most of the negative comments against BA very surprising as I have never had a problem.

Do you mean “yes” in answer to my question about reading anything on the forum which shows improvement with the BA flying experience? There might indeed be one or two over the past 5 months, I’ve personally not seen them….but surely there must be? No? We would have to discount the blind-faith that is posted with monotonous frequency.

Conversely, I’ve read a many posts from people who have spent a great deal of time writing about BA’s inadequate staff, poor seating, filthy (smelly too) planes and a general lack of interest on dozens – perhaps scores of occasions since stumbling upon this forum in August of last year.

I’d opine therefore that Mr Vandervalk’s reply 5 months ago to the chap who relayed his dismal experience has had zero impact, hence I asked why we should refresh ourselves with that particular thread.

If anything, it just highlights further that BA are all talk and no trousers.

You must ask them about their balls when you see them at the show you are all a quiver about.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

WoburnMan
    Participant

Great trip report RoadKing – I really look forward to your next one :o) I had a similar experience on my trip to Phoenix last August that I can relate too … Btw thats one hot destination at that time of year! ;o)

FormerlyDoS – Great seat but prefer A as its a little bigger. Safe travels to DFW tomorrow.

JC

BeckyBoop
    Participant

FDOS what in the world made you pick BA to fly to Dallas?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

BigDog. – 12/04/2013 16:45 GMT
    Regardless of how often VintageBoop posts the link or bumps the thread, I will not be muddying my shoes again.

HA! 🙂

Rgds.
    AOTG.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Woburn Man

I’m only 5’9″, so 64K is perfect and what it lacks in length, it makes up for in privacy.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

JUST FOR THE RECORD I AM NOTHING TO DO WITH VINTAGEKRUG or BA

FDOS what in the world made you pick BA to fly to Dallas?

edited

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“FDOS what in the world made you pick BA to fly to Dallas?”

Becky, I don’t mean to be nasty, but some of your questions are so stupidly naive that I wonder if they are just wind ups.

Watch my lips “schedule convenience” on both the outbound and inbound legs.

openfly
    Participant

@Swissexpat…..glad someone else is ok with olde First.

Have you noticed in new First that if there is no coat in the personal wardrobes and you go into turbulence that the hangers bang around inside? Bit of a design flaw! Clatter, clatter, clatter!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls