LEVEL – low cost?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• kweeki1
    Participant

I just simulated the price of Barcelona – LAX in September on flylevel.com.

First surprise: when you try to book you are redirected to IBERIA site.
    Second surprise: for the selected dates (14 sept – 28 sept) all IBERIA flight are cheaper then LEVEL flights.
    BASIC+ is 379€ on direct LEVEL flight and 314 € with connection in Madrid.
    For the return ticket the difference is even bigger: 350 € with LEVEL and 283€ with IBERIA.

So, where are the low costs? More expensive tickets with less service?

Can somebody explain?

kweeki1
    Participant

Just made another simulation for the tickets Paris – LAX. The difference between IBERIA and LEVEL is even bigger : 825,41 € with LEVEL and 580,56 € with IBERIA.
    So, which company is the lowcost?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Not doing their LEVEL best?

TominScotland
    Participant

I really don’t get these ‘shock horror’ pricing posts. Airline pricing is based on relatively straightforward supply and demand algorithms. If the demand for certain flights allows airlines to charge more than other carriers, so be it – but also, so what? I can point you to Easyjet and Ryanair flights that are more expensive than BA or KLM. Low cost is about low operating costs, not low price to consumers. If you don’t like the price, don’t buy!!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

easyJet and Ryanair are not owned by BA or KLM. easyJet and Ryanair have not been positioned as value based arms of IAG.

Anything else I can help with?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Kweeki1

1 – Soylent Green is people
    2 – LEVEL is Iberia

canucklad
    Participant

Airline pricing is all very complicated, but if I was a price sensitive Catalan resident, I’d opt to fly out to the beaches of Southern California with Air Canada on the 3rd and return on the 16th (via Montreal)
    £479 return seems like a no brainer, and leaves me with change to spend on Rodeo Drive.

Oddly although I’d be flying AC, my ticket would have a UA flight number!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls