Great attention to detail by Star Alliance ground crew

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Marc_ACB
    Participant

On Thursday I was travelling LHR-SNN on EI ticket. I am a BAEC Gold card holder, with the luggage tag on my briefcase.

Not having any luggage to check in, I walked directly to security at T2. I had an internal debate about do I have fast-track access etc. (EI is not a oneworld member etc.) but I decided just to use the usual queue. As I was walking passed security, a lady with Lufthansa lanyard and other Star Alliance paraphernalia spotted my BAEC GC and invited me to use the fast-track. She also quipped (with a wink of the eye), come see how good airlines work.

A nice gesture, exceptional attention to detail, and better treatment than I’ve had from most ground crew (and cabin crew too for that matter) within my own alliance. It opened my eyes with the thought, if this is the level of service from ground crew, how good is the in air service?

capetonianm
    Participant

It’s a pity that *A/Lufthansa ground crew at FRA are not of the same standard. I’m suing them under EU261/2004 in the County Court for a missed connection to CPT due to the negligence and obstructiveness of their ground staff, who failed to provide information for a connection.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Glad you had a good experience Marc and I agree *A are great almost everywhere, except as Capetonian says – FRA!

For some reason ground staff are the worst I’ve ever encountered anywhere. True there are some good ones but the majority cannot tell you gate numbers, where the lounges are, give assistance etc. They walk around like uniformed Zombies and on more one than occasion I’ve asked what they’re empployed for as they seem to know nothing and have no purpose whatsoever!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls