Aeroflot Experiance

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

stevescoots
    Participant

Aeroflot…
    Any thoughts anyone? With prices going through the roof to HK or CAN, legacy carriers around 2800+, the middle eastern boys at 2200+ KLM/CS around 2000. I am seriously considering moving to Aeroflot for 1650 or less.

Anyone done this routing?

VintageKrug
    Participant

x100

“I will learn how to spell experience properly”

stevescoots
    Participant

I will raise that by 1000, I will learn to ignore you!,

VintageKrug
    Participant

Gosh! 1,100 lines. That’s quite a lot of writing. Good luck!

BigDog.
    Participant

Yes steve you are right, best ignore the irritant – the poor guy gets doesn’t know the difference between
    £ and €
    your and you’re
    there and their
    plus a plethora of spelling sloppiness. He does it just to create nuisance and draw attention to himself.

Back to the thread, I have had the opportunity to fly Aeroflot but chose not to because of the safety record,

superchris
    Participant

Sorry Steve, im with VK on this one. Part of the banter on any forum is to get feedback when we spell stuff wrong.

Anyway, as for the question, I havent done it but know people who have. Its all down to aircraft type. I read somewhere (I think on BT) they were getting 777300er’s and they looked very good on the video. Particularly in C. SVO and DME airports have improved somewhat but are still poor compared to elsewhere.

Shanwick1249
    Participant

777300er’s?????????????????

Puh-leeez!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Steve, have you looked at Turkish? We’re arranging flights for students and they seem quite competitive at the moment.

Shanwick1249
    Participant

Or did you mean 777-300ERs perhaps?

Anyone, one of them. Yes.

pointyendpreferred
    Participant

I usually fly to Hong Kong with LX for meetings but was shocked at the fare, as was indeed the case last time. Last time I flew EK but this means an extra stop each way.

Aeroflot’s fare was 30% cheaper than LX so I thought I’d test them out.
    I flew TLV/SVO on a 737-800, SVO/HKG and return on a 777-300ER and HKG/LHR on an 330.
    The 737 seat was comfortable for a 3.5 hour sector, as was the lie flat recliner on the 330 though I would hate to have that seat on an overnight flight.
    The seat on the 777 was completely flat and comfortable. However I am a side sleeper and hated having to fit my feet into the narrow area allocated (see pic below). This is the same complaint my partner made about the Austrian 777 business seat, though strangely I did not have that same problem on OS.
    All the aircraft were spotlessly clean and seemed well maintained.

The service on all flights was outstanding and the food was very good (last trip was EK ATH/DXB/HKG/IST First Class and the quality of the food and service were comparable).

Sheremetyevo Airport is OK but nothing to get excited about, the same with the lounges there.
    Both times arriving at SVO we were bussed to the terminal however a separate bus was provided for business pax, something I did not get in LHR, FRA or TLV.

Johnhighlander
    Participant

I also had a recent flight with Aeroflot and was pleasantly surprised at the service. I was in ecconomy which was in terms of comfort ok for a 2.5 hr flight. The business class seats looked very plush and I certainly would consider them for long haul going East.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls