BA’s 787 Route to Austin, Texas

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

SergeantMajor
    Participant

BA has been flying its new 787 to Toronto since 1st September.

New York, Newark kicks off on 1st October (and yes, I know that’s in New Jersey, before anyone pipes up).

I’m holding back to use the Austin service, which starts early March, as I’d prefer a longer flight to put properly to the test this suggestion that I’ll feel better after the flight than would have been the case on another aircraft.

It’s nearly a ten hour trip, so should be a good test-scenario.

Bath_VIP asked:

Bath_VIP – 25/09/2013 08:25 GMT
    SergeantMajor,

Your response to Coolflyer is extremely informative and useful. Would the same apply to BA’s Texas routes in your experience? I am now travelling to San Antonio on a regular basis and so far experience I have Houston cheaper than Dallas both in price and Avios availability.

Of course the new Austin service is particular useful for me as this eliminates the need for a connecting flight but fares at the moment are higher than IAH or DFW. Do you think BA will start to offer some introductory fares on this routes and if so, when?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

There were are some decent standard redemptions available when I last checked a week or so ago, and I’ve booked using avios.

With the new Premium Economy on board, I’d also consider this cabin for a day flight.

I am not aware of any special fares, as was the case for Seoul, for instance.

Possibly BA has enough demand for this new service, and for its new aircraft, I haven’t seen any special discounting.

With the economy picking up, and demand for business travel firming up, these premium cabin bargains will become fewer.

Do keep checking back during sales, or try an exEU option.

Just a leisure trip for me, so suggestions as to how to keep occupied in Austin before heading out elsewhere in Texas would be appreciated.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-lb/information/flight-information/boeing-787

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Thanks SM, I will bear this in mind.

I am not an expert in Texas yet but the Alamo & Missions in San Antonio are definitely worth visiting. If you are into aviation & military related sites then my father and I visited many around Houston on my last visit and I can give a few pointers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls