BA Flight Review – LAX-LHR A380 (WTP)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

CityRiskBoy
    Participant

Hi All, this is hopefully a quick trip report for my flight I took back from LAX to LHR on BA’s new A380 aircraft in WTP.

To start I had a complete nightmare leaving another US city on the West Coast for my connecting flight in LAX back to London. The flight was delayed by an hour and the window to change terminals in LAX was shortened from an hour to around 20 mins which as most people know at any airport is not long enough.

Landing in to LAX i was greeted at the gate and then rushed from one terminal to the TB terminal (Skipping to the front of the security lines in the process as this was the last flight back to London that day) As I rant though the TB terminal to the gate I could hear them announcing my name which made me run even faster (dragging my laptop and hand luggage bag behind me)…….I made the flight by 2 mins….a hot, sweaty tired mess.

Upon boarding you really get a sense of the size of this flying beast….the aisles look like they never end from looking at the top of the aircraft to the back….I found my seat in WTP on the upper deck and managed to get comfy just as the cabin crew were coming around with sparkling wine which was a nice touch for WTP….I find the seat very comfortable the leg room was great in the seat I had picked I could actually stretch all the way out and lay as you would on an angled flat business class bed. Extra storage space between the seat and the window is fantastic and managed to fit the blanket and my laptop bag with ease.

The one area where I think BA have failed with this seat is the leg rest, its mega uncomfortable and actually hurts your calf muscles after 30 mins or so unless you put a soft cushion there.

I cannot really remember what I had for dinner as the flight does leave LAX at around 9pmish and by the time the meal was served at 11pmish I was exhausted so didnt pay much attention….I do remember it being tasty but also luke warm (I have a major hate for luke warm food!).

The crew were all young….smiling and friendly and seemed to do their job professionally which was nice to see compared to my flight out the week before on a shabby 747.

There were regular drinks and snack services though the night from the crew and then handing out of ice cream and fruit at different periods throughout the night.

I reclined the seat (seat 67k) and I thought it was fantastic…managing to sleep for at least 5 hours on this short (9.30hrs) red eye flight back.

Landed on time in to London and queued for a while at passport control but other than that no drama….my pro’s and con’s list is below:

PROS –
    YOUNG FRIENDLY CREW
    FRESH LOVELY NEW AIRCRAFT
    SPACIOUS
    EXCELLENT CREW SERVICE WITH DRINK RUNS
    NEW WTP SEAT IS VERY COMFORTABLE
    FANTASTIC RECLINE
    BIG WINDOWS
    VERY QUIET AND SMOOTH ON TAKE OFF/CRUISE AND LANDING

CONS –
    TOILET BEHIND 67K (YOU CAN HEAR IT BEING FLUSHED THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT)
    FOOT REST IS POORLY DESIGNED AND UNCOMFORTABLE
    TABLE WAS NOT THAT STURDY AND BOUNCED
    THE MEAL TRAY SEEMS TOO BIG FOR THE TABLE
    BA BREAKFAST BELOW FIRST CLASS IS OF POOR QUALITY.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls