avios seats

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

connorJohnson
    Participant

Can anyone help with this?
    I’m trying to book for Dubai next September and want 3 business class seats.
    I’m a gold card holder but as normal there is no availability, do BA release seats so far in advance that they are already taken or are they holding them back ?
    When is the best time to look to book these flights.

BA744fan
    Participant

It’s the age old problem and has been discussed many times. Seats on popular routes are snapped up as soon as they are released 355 days in advance.

Occasionally there might be some more released in the week leading up to your planned departure date.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

The Avios Finder App is great for keeping a check on movement on availability but so far only seems to work ex LHR.

first_class_please
    Participant

I have been able to book on the Qantas flights for two trips next year. Could be worth a try?

TominScotland
    Participant

first_class-please, the BA system automatically shows Qantas availability for this route, indeed on the dates in September 2015 that I checked, that was the only availability it showed. Some dates did show 2 QF seats available in Business – maybe, in looking for 3 seats, you have exceeded the current QF allocation to BA for reward seats? You might have greater joy if you travel on separate days (not great) or if you are willing to either trade up (to First) or down (to PE) for one of the three passengers. As with everything to do with Avios, flexibility seems to be the answer.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Why not book 2 seats then keep checking for the 3rd seat. Not ideal but BA release as demand for paid seats drops.
    If the extra seat has not appeared in a few months you can cancel, and try again. There is a penalty, but it is small.

trippleF
    Participant

i would also recommend booking what is available now (i.e. the 2 seats available) and keep checking for the 3rd one.
    on a recent trip booked with Avios 355 days ago, I had to change the return flight because we were both ill. the BA CS staff all advised us to keep checking for availability. 2 days before the planned departure two avios seats opened up and I was able to get us on the flight.
    I must say, it takes some nerve and perseverance though!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls