Air New Zealand B737-300 Economy (short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

NTarrant
    Participant

This was a domestic service between AKL and WLG. Check-in is completely automated. Scanning barcode on eticket, a series of screens take you through options, which also gives you the opportunity to change your flight. We had arrived early for our 1440 flight and were able to change to the 1330. The machine produces your luggage labels and boarding passes. Instructions are easy to follow. Luggage then placed on a continuous moving belt.

Security was relaxed and cheerful staff. Getting to gate a short walk and the gate area also the same area for two other gates. Boarding was a little late and a number of staff were standing around chatting. There appeared to be a number of cabin crew travelling passenger.

Boarding was relatively quick with passengers seated in window seats and their companions being asked forward first. No greeting by name but pleasant all the same. Seats 9EF were comfortable and ample leg room.

In flight service consisted of being offered a bag of crisps or chocolate biscuit or jelly planes. We had the crisps and jelly planes, both very acceptable. Beverages offered were tea, coffee or water. Service was quick and efficent.

Quiz was shown on tv screen with questions shown and then answers after a few seconds, helped pass the time.

Baggage arrived fairly quickly and all intact. Overall a good experience.

ZKSmith
    Participant

I personally have always had a very pleasant experience onboard NZ domestic flights, particularly useful since most of my flights out of AKL are early in the morning having arrived off a long haul flight somewhat jetlagged.
    The only problem I have is that their domestic lounges are often ridiculously busy first thing in the morning, and on a couple of occasions I haven’t received Space+ seating despite being an Airpoints Gold Member (although not a big problem on one hour flights).
    Otherwise excellent, and certainly preferable to JetStar on domestic flights.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls