Air France B777-300ER (Config. 3)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Check-in, In Business class, Very Smooth, smiling staff, but not very professional

Fast Track, Smooth

Lounge, AIR FRANCE/KLM at Bangkok, Airport
    Cleanness good
    Food selection (nothing special for Thailand)
    Drinks good selection, no champagne offered

Boarding, smooth Used Priority Chanel
    Boarding Staff no professional at all, I asked if I could get a more up front seat in the economy section, as I was told flight full at Check-In,
    (Ground boarding staff, more concerned by getting passengers boarding fast, than really helping them getting a better seat, by replying flight full). Had exactly same reply few weeks ago on a KLM flight handling done by the same handling company, to realize once on board that flight KLM was only 70% full

Welcome on board pleasant
    I asked to speak to the Purse, She came to me without a sympathetic face, I asked her if I could get an upgrade with my miles into Economy Premium, she took my boarding pass and came back to me few minutes later, You don't have enough miles, I replied I had more than 300.000 miles on my account, hearing my comment, after a silence she changed to no space available.

Went to my seat 26L window seat, and within 5 minutes a crew member proposed an upgrade with miles to the passenger seating 25J ?????

Service started
    No menu list was offered, Chicken with noodles no other choices, No more glass of Champagne offered. NEITHER as a 1st drinks.
    Hostess passed back with coffee and tea, and water, no other drinks displayed on her trolley. I requested a glass of Diet Coke and the Hostess looked at me with arrogance and told me that I would have to wait.

I never got my glass of diet coke, hostess came back to pick up tray, and stared at me, saying that drinks are available at any time at the gallery, I told her that she didn't look like she enjoyed working, she looked only annoyed to serve passengers.

Few hours later as no drink were passed by, I went to the galley and helped myself to a drink, then few hours later I requested another hostess if I could have a beer (no more beers) was her reply, she offered some wine, I requested her if I could get something to eat, I guess it was too difficult for her to open a drawer and offer me a sandwich or a biscuit, we will serve a snack in less than one hour was her reply.
    so I had to wait another an hour to feed my hungry stomach.

Not a single drink was offered nor passed by between meals by the crew on a 12h flight, I witnessed a lot of passengers getting up and coming back with a drink.

First time I witness such a service if that can be called a service.

Overall all it seems that Air France are only getting passengers by low fare, and turned Off by the lack of service.

In the past I had several issues with Air France service, and it seem that sister airline KLM are following their steps

Not worth flying with Air France as a gold flying blue member.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Noteaboy can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls