Advice needed – AF 380 (from LAX) or KL 789 (from SFO) (J class)?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Flightlevel
    Participant

[quote quote=836010]AF has only 10 A380. They converted the 2 last ordered into A350, having realised I guess that the A380 is not profitable for them (similarly to many other operators). Delaying the retrofit give them other options, including getting rid of a few of these lorries…
    [/quote]

A380 is still the most profitable/pax if they fill it and that depends on service standards and costs/fares.
    All can be improved at AF and at other airlines and more will sell to replace all those noisy old airliners!

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=836061]

AF has only 10 A380. They converted the 2 last ordered into A350, having realised I guess that the A380 is not profitable for them (similarly to many other operators). Delaying the retrofit give them other options, including getting rid of a few of these lorries…

A380 is still the most profitable/pax if they fill it and that depends on service standards and costs/fares. All can be improved at AF and at other airlines and more will sell to replace all those noisy old airliners!
    [/quote]
    This is a big “if” and doesn’t meet in most of the case the market demand. Hence the problem of the buyers (excepted EK) and Airbus as the program will never be profitable, thankfully.

Edski777
    Participant

Just this week. AMS – CDG v.v.
    Another time I wished the company had booked me on the Thalys high speed train. Delayed and arrogant ground staff at CDG. Once in the air KLM was OK, saved by the flight attendant serving us. And yes, a long walk at AMS, but I don’t mind doing that. I tell myslef it is good for battling DVT. 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls