Lufthansa B747-8i

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

icenspice
    Participant

Good evening folks

Has anyone flown Premium Economy on the above aircraft?

If so, how did you find it?

Thanks

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I haven’t, however…

I believe you will find it by turning right on entering the aircraft, walking through the business class cabin and stopping before you reach the economy cabin

(yes, yes, I know it was flippant and sarcastic and unnecessary, but I couldn’t resist)

Sorry, icenspice. Perhaps I can offer this link by way of recompense/apology: http://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/airlines/lufthansa/t-and-t-lufthansa-b747-8-premium-economy

fults_flyer
    Participant

I have flown it 4 times this year. Slept 6+ hours each time and didn’t wake up in agony. The simple test for me.

RaveAroundTheWorld
    Participant

I flew it to/from South America earlier this year.

In general not a fan of premium economy, but must admit I ve become jaded flying mostl long-haul business now (for work and even private).

It is an upgrade from normal eco. However, not one that I would pay too much for in my opinion.

Cheers,
    Rave

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Ian,

Naughty boy! Reminds me of this joke:

A woman was flying a hot air balloon one day and was really enjoying herself. Beautiful changing scenery, nothing to do and feeling at peace with the world. As she passed over a wide sweep of farmland, she suddenly realised that she didn’t know where she was. Her phone battery was flat and she started to get worried. Then she spots a guy down below strolling across a field so she descends and calls out to him.

“Excuse me, sorry to bother you, but my GPS battery has packed up and I don’t know where I am. Can you tell me my location?”
    “Yes, you’re a 100 feet up in the air in a balloon!”

Not the response she was expecting and she got annoyed.

“Brilliant! Very helpful, I don’t think! You must be a statistician!”
    “Believe it or not, you’re right. I am a statistician. How did you know?”
    “Easy. Your answer was perfectly correct but completely useless!”

Now the guy starts to get angry.

“Thank you for that. it’s obvious that you must be a manager!”
    “Actually you’re right, I am a manager. How did you know?”
    “First you were lost so you decided to ask for help. When the answer wasn’t what you wanted, you decided that you are still lost but now it is somebody else’s fault!”

icenspice
    Participant

Much appreciated, guys.

Hello Ian, that is very sound advice indeed! I couldn’t open the link because I don’t know how to copy and paste on my phone LOL. Is that the review with the photo of Mr Otley with his laptop open, pretending to work? Again…

Currently booked in Y, but have received an e-mail informing me I can bid to upgrade to PE or Biz, something I have never done before.

(Sorry, Tom. I couldn’t resist!)

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Nice one Bath. I’ll send it on to my pals.

sailandfly
    Participant

Hi icenspice,

I flew LH PE twice on JFK FRA route and was quite happy with wider seat and more legroom for a 275U$ extra. You get small amenity kit as well and 11″ IFE screen is quite large. You can upgrade on miles as well from certain booking classes. Food is the same as in economy. I have another flight next month which I have already upgraded.

icenspice
    Participant

Hi sailandfly,

Good to hear a new voice on the forum.

If I decide to bid / pay for an upgrade, I will have to do it soon!

I’m looking forward to my first flight on the 747-8, but fear I will have to be dragged to the airport !!!!

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I’m all for Y+ that provides a bigger seat / legroom and slightly enhanced service if it’s at the right price. An extra USD600 return to the US sounds about the max I’d be willing to pay.

Any more $$$ and I’d hope for a separate cabin/ enhanced meals and snacks/ amenity kits and even lounge access plus significantly more points/status credits.

LH seem to be very much option 1 which – at a right price – is a good option that doesn’t break the bank.

icenspice
    Participant

And that’s exactly what I have done. €600 return for the 2 longhaul sectors. I’m no longer interested in accruing miles but it would be nice to have a cute amenity kit!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls