Delta has announced the inaugural routes for its new A350.
Due for delivery this autumn, the A350 will initially serve routes between the US and Asia, with the first flight taking place between Detroit and Narita on October 30. The new Delta One suites and Delta Premium Select seats are now on sale for the Narita route, in addition to Detroit-Incheon, which will begin November 16, and Detroit-Beijing, starting January 17, 2018.
Delta will be the first US airline to take delivery of the A350, which provides better fuel efficiency and features designed to improve the flying experience.
Dubbed as the “world’s first all-suite business class” product, Delta One suites provide a private space accessed by a sliding door with personal stowage areas, a fully flat bed with direct aisle access, an in-flight entertainment system and “premium trim and finishes to create a residential feel”.
Additional features include:
- A full-height door at every suite
- Sliding privacy dividers between centre suites
- Customisable ambient lighting
- Stowage compartments for shoes, headphones and laptops
- Contemporary design
- Memory foam-enhanced comfort cushion
- An 18-inch, high resolution in-flight entertainment monitor
- A universal power outlet and high-powered USB port at every seat.
The service also includes chef-curated meals and wine pairings by Delta’s Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson, Westin Heavenly in-flight bedding, noise-cancelling LSTN headphones, Tumi amenity kits featuring Kiehl’s products and in-flight loungewear on select flights.
Described as “bringing the ‘premium’ back to premium economy”, the Delta Premium Select cabin will feature:
- More personal space with up to 38 inches of pitch, up to 19 inches of width and up to seven inches of recline.
- Adjustable leg rests and head rests
- Westin Heavenly in-flight blanket and pillow; Tumi amenity kit featuring Malin+Goetz travel essentials; noise-cancelling LSTN headphones
- Pre-departure beverage service followed by seasonal menu selections on Alessi serviceware
- A 13.3-inch, high resolution in-flight entertainment screen
- In-seat power ports for large and small devices and convenient storage to keep them within reach
- Sky Priority service, which includes faster check-in, security processing, premium boarding and expedited baggage service