Jet Airways will deploy a wide body aircraft on additional domestic and international routes from next month. The decision has been taken after evaluating the rise in demand for seats on certain routes.
From January 15, 2017, Jet Airways will deploy its A330 on the Mumbai-Chennai-Mumbai sector, the next day on return flights between Mumbai and Jeddah and Mumbai and Bengaluru, and from January 18, 2017 on the Mumbai-Kuwait-Mumbai route.
- Flight 9W 574 – depart from Mumbai, 2055 – arrive in Kuwait, 2300.
- Flight 9W 573 – depart from Kuwait 0030 – arrive in Mumbai, 0640.
- Flight 9W 522 – depart from Mumbai, 1905 – arrive in Jeddah, 2200.
- Flight 9W 521 – depart from Jeddah, 2330 – arrive in Mumbai, 0625.
- Flight 9W 414 – depart from Mumbai 0815 – arrive in Chennai, 1015.
- Flight 9W 429 – depart from Chennai, 1535 – arrive in Mumbai, 1730.
- Flight 9W 397 – depart from Mumbai, 0830 – arrive in Bengaluru, 1015.
- Flight 9W 416 – depart from Bengaluru 1700 – arrive in Mumbai, 1840.
Jet Airways’ chief commercial officer, Jayaraj Shanmugam says, “The introduction of wide body services on our key domestic routes not only allows Jet Airways to scale up capacity in response to increase in demand but also guarantees guests a superior flying experience. The A330, a state-of-the-art aircraft is designed with a spacious cabin, greater leg-room, lie-flat beds in Premiere and all the comforts usually associated with long-haul international travel. It enables us to deliver a world class flying experience and on-board service, making us the airline of choice for our guests.”
Economy class passengers of the A330 aircraft too will enjoy a comfortable flight with ergonomically-designed seats in addition to the airline’s award winning inflight entertainment, and a “carefully-curated menu of fine dining options”.
Earlier this year, the airline started serving the Mumbai-Delhi-Mumbai and Delhi-Kolkata-Delhi routes with an A330 aircraft.
Jet Airways’ wide body aircraft comes in a two-cabin configuration with 18 seats in premier and 236 seats economy class.