Rotana Hotels and Resorts will open 16 hotels by next year in the Middle East. Of them, it will open five properties in the UAE, four in Saudi Arabia, two in Turkey, two in Iraq and the group’s first ever property in Oman.
In addition, Rotana will launch Kin Plaza Arjaan by Rotana in Kinshasa, capital of the Democratic Republic of Congo by the end of the year, marking its entrance into Africa. It also plans to open hotels in across Africa including Marrakesh, Luanda, Nouakchott, Dar es Salaam and Lagos, emphasising its world-wide expansion plan.
“Rotana has an ambitious global expansion strategy and the vast number of property openings due to take place in 2016 and 2017 will not only increase our presence in a range of destinations but also allow us to reinforce our position as one of the leaders in the hospitality market in the Middle East, Africa, South Asia and Eastern Europe,” says Omer Kaddouri, president and CEO of Rotana.
Rotana’s 16 new properties and one extension that will be unveiled in 2017 are as follows:
- Erbil Arjaan by Rotana, Iraq – Opening Q1 2017
- Centro Olaya, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Opening Q1 2017
- Centro Waha, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Opening Q1 2017
- Centro Corniche, Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia – Opening Q1 2017
- Capital Centre Rotana, Abu Dhabi – Opening Q2 2017
- Sundus Rotana, Muscat, Oman – Opening Q2 2017
- Centro Salama, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia – Opening Q2 2017
- The Cove Rotana Resort, Ras Al Khaimah – Expansion Q2 2017
- Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas, Abu Dhabi – Opening Q3 2017
- Creek Rotana, Dubai – Opening Q3 2017
- Creek Arjaan by Rotana, Dubai – Opening Q3 2017
- Beach Arjaan by Rotana, Abu Dhabi – Opening Q3 2017
- Rayhaan Imam Reza, Mashhad, Iran – Opening Q4 2017
- Sulaymaniyah Rotana,Iraq– Opening Q4 2017
- Centro Istanbul, Turkey – Opening Q4 2017
- Arjaan Istanbul by Rotana, Turkey – Opening Q4 2017