Travel data platform Adara has unveiled its Traveller Value Score, which it says is the “first-ever metric that measures the potential value of a customer based on their travel spending over time”.
The data comes from Adara’s “unique access to billions of search, booking and loyalty data points” from more than 90 of the biggest travel companies worldwide including airlines United, Delta and Rynair, hotel companies Hyatt and Marriott and Hertz car rental.
These data points from airlines, hotel companies and car rental companies are then aggregated to “create and power a comprehensive view of travellers, based on a diverse set of travel related planning and booking behaviours.” The company then comes up with a single number that represents a customers’ capacity to spend on travel.
Adara suggests new applications for traveller providers such as airlines, including
- Identifying high scoring customers with low loyalty status to whom offers can be tailored to engage and increase share of their travel spend
- Evolving customer lifetime value models based on knowledge that goes beyond demographic data and customer interactions with the travel brand
- Analyzing customer acquisitions by applying the score across referral channels – search, OTAs, metasearch, display, email – to determine which delivers the most valued customers.
Adara says that the new score provides:
- Complete visibility into a traveller’s true revenue potential
- A new lens for better decision-making based on travellers’ explicit behaviors and implied needs
- Insight into share of travel spend with customers and the ability to measure their engagement with your brand over time
Layton Han, CEO of ADARA said, “We are proud to launch ADARA Traveler Value Score, to help travel suppliers gain a much deeper understanding of their customers. Travel executives and marketers only have insight into their customers to the extent they interact with their own brands; ADARA Traveler Value Score gives them a broader lens into their customers’ revenue potential.”
Elizabeth Harz, ADARA President of Media & CMO said, “ADARA Traveler Value Score is ground-breaking. This new metric will enable travel marketers to understand their share of travel spend from existing customers and measure the quality of the customer being reached.”