Regional carrier Flybe is to launch a new route from Cardiff to Berlin Tegel airport, as part of its expanded winter schedules.
The new twice-weekly service will operate on Wednesday and Saturday, with fares starting from £34.99.
Flights will depart Cardiff at 1020, arriving into the German capital at 1320, with the return leg leaving Berlin at 1355 and landing back into Cardiff at 1505.
The new follows the launch of BA Cityflyer services from London City to Berlin Tegel from June 19 (see news March 11).
Flybe says it will offer a total of 3,000 weekly flights on 114 routes this winter, with 24 summer routes being carried through to winter for the first time including Birmingham to Luxemburg, Manchester to Lyon and London City to Paris CDG.
The carrier has also increased frequencies and improved flight schedules on several key business routes, including:
- Aberdeen to Manchester: up to seven flights per day
- Aberdeen to Birmingham: up to four flights per day
- Birmingham to Amsterdam: up to six flights per day
- Birmingham to Berlin Tegel: twice-daily Monday to Friday
- Cardiff to Glasgow: increased to twice-daily
- Edinburgh to London City: up to seven flights per day
- Exeter to Glasgow: increased to daily (except Saturdays)
- Southampton to Amsterdam: up to five flights per day