Marriott International has launched a new European Convention Network of 14 “gold standard” hotels.
The ECN collection is modelled on the Marriott International Convention and Resort Network in the US, which has been operating for some 25 years.
It brings together properties across several Marriott brands, all of which have at least 350 rooms and 2,500 sqm of meeting space
The new network provides one point of contact for all properties in the collection, along with a dedicated microsite at marriott-ecn.com.
The participating properties are:
- Boulevard Hotel Baku, Autograph Collection Hotels (Azerbaijan)
- AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel and Conference Centre (France)
- Berlin Marriott Hotel (Germany)
- Frankfurt Marriott Hotel (Germany)
- Budapest Marriott Hotel (Hungary)
- Rome Marriott Park Hotel (Italy)
- Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel (London, UK)
- Warsaw Marriott Hotel (Poland)
- Lisbon Marriott Hotel (Portugal)
- JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel (Romania)
- Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel (Russia)
- AC Hotels Barcelona Forum (Spain)
- Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel and Conference Centre (Spain)
Commenting on the launch Pauline Bronkhorst, head of ECN said:
“The launch of the European Convention Network brings together the scale of Marriott Europe’s meetings and events capabilities with a simplified and personal approach which puts the meeting and events planner at the heart of the process.
“Our customers have told us they want to save time when planning large annual or bi-annual events in different cities by having one account manager that works with them regularly and understands their business.”
This week Marriott announced it would double its size in Europe, as a result of its merger with Starwood Hotels and Resorts (see news March 8).