Marriott International has signed an agreement to double its Marriott Hotels portfolio in Japan.
The group will rebrand five Laforet properties as part of an agreement with the Mori Trust Group, which will see the hotels renovated over the next two years.
The five properties that will be rebranded are:
- Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel (formerly Laforet Biwako)
- Nanki-Shirahama Marriott Hotel (formerly Laforet Nanki-Shirahama)
- Fuji Marriott Hotel (formerly Laforet Yamanakako)
- Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenji (formerly Laforet Shuzenji)
- Karuizawa Marriott Hotel (formerly Laforet Naka-Karuizawa)
The rebranded hotels will double the number of Marriott Hotels in Japan, adding around 840 rooms.
It will bring Marriott International’s presence in the country to 20 properties across its Autograph Collection, Courtyard, Marriott Hotels, Renaissance and Ritz-Carlton brands.
For David Churchill's look at the wave of hotel rebrandings currently sweeping the industry, click here.