Qantas will significantly expand its existing codeshare agreements with US partners, American Airlines, West Jet and Alaska Airlines to provide greater accessibility and convenience to customers travelling between Australia and North America.
With effect from October 25, the Flying Kangaroo’s codeshare agreements will include an additional 40 routes across the US, Canada and Mexico. Cumulatively, Qantas will offer over 200 codeshare routes covering more than 100 destinations across the three countries.
The new codeshare routes will be made available for sale at qantas.com and through travel agents progressively this week. The routes will include:
- From Los Angeles (LAX) with American Airlines, Qantas will add codeshares to Charlotte (CLT), Columbus (CMH), Philadelphia (PHL), Pittsburgh (PIT) and Raleigh Durham (RDU).
- From San Francisco (SFO) with American Airlines, Qantas will add codeshares to Charlotte (CLT), Philadelphia (PHL) and Phoenix (PHX).
- From San Francisco (SFO) with Alaska Airlines, Qantas will add codeshares to Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX) and Palm Springs (PSP).
- From Los Angeles (LAX) with American Airlines, Qantas will add codeshares to Vancouver (YVR).
- With West Jet, Qantas will add codeshares on an additional 25 city pairs to/from/within Canada from Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto.
- From Los Angeles (LAX) with American Airlines, Qantas will add codeshares to Mexico City (MEX), Guadalajara (GDL) and San Jose de Cabo (SJD).
“The new codeshare services will allow our customers to enjoy more connections across North America, Canada and Mexico from our Los Angeles and new San Francisco gateways and have their luggage checked straight through to their final destination,” said Qantas International chief executive Gareth Evans.
“With the launch of our non-stop flights to San Francisco later this year, we’ve identified an opportunity to position this port as another key US hub for Qantas customers by extending the codeshares we already have in place.
“Our frequent flyers in particular will benefit from booking on the Qantas code, with increased opportunities to earn points and status credits,” added Evans.
For more information, visit qantas.com.au