United Airlines will roster B787-9 aircraft on to six new routes out of Houston from this summer.
The US carrier will operate the stretched Dreamliner from Houston Bush Intercontinental airport to Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Tokyo Narita, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires and Santiago de Chile, reports airlineroute.net.
The B787-9 will be added to each route as follows:
- August 18 - Rio de Janeiro, replacing a Continental Airlines B777-200ER
- September 24 - Frankfurt, replacing aircraft including the B787-8
- October 25 - Buenos Aires, replacing B767-300ER
- December 17 - Amsterdam, replacing B777-200ER
- January 5 - Santiago de Chile, replacing B767-300ER
- March 3 - Tokyo Narita, replacing a Continental Airlines B777-200ER
Last month, United announced it has replaced ten of its orders with Boeing for B787 Dreamliners with ten orders for the larger B777-300ER (see news, April 23).