Qatar Airways will add a third daily flight from Doha to Singapore from June 1.
The route will be the airline's second, after Frankfurt, to be operated by its new A350 XWB aircraft.
This will make Qatar Airways the first carrier to operate the A350 XWB to Singapore and the Asia Pacific. Its existing two daily flights to Singapore will also become A350 XWB services in July and August.
The Gulf airline has a total of 80 A350 XWB on order. Its first A350 XWB is currently on the Frankfurt to Doha route, with the second joining the fleet this month before it too will be rostered onto the Frankfurt route (see news, January 20).
The new daily flight to Singapore will depart Doha at 2025 and arrive in Singapore the next day at 0915, followed by a quick turnaround from Singapore at 1040 and returning to Doha the same day at 1315.
The A350 is configured with 36 business class seats in a 1-2-1 configuration featuring an 80-inch fully-flat bed and 17-inch HD in-flight entertainment screen.
Economy Class features 247 18-inch wide seats in a 3-3-3 configuration, each with a 10.6-inch in-flight entertainment screen, and more space at shoulder level for passengers in window seats due to the vertical side wall panel design.
The triple daily Doha to Singapore schedules from June 1 are:
- Departure from Doha QR944 at 0225, arriving in Singapore at 1515
- Departure from Singapore QR945 0230, arriving in Doha at 0505
- Departure from Doha QR938 at 0700, arriving in Singapore at 1950
- Departure from Singapore QR939 at 2120, arriving in Doha at 2355
- Departure from Doha QR942 at 2025, arriving in Singapore at 0915 the next day
- Departure from Singapore QR943 at 1040, arriving in Doha at 1315
NB: this piece has been edited to reflect a date change from April to June for this service.