Delta Air Lines passengers will soon have five fare options to choose from.
Starting on March 1, the US carrier will offer Delta One, First Class, Delta Comfort Plus, Main Cabin and Basic Economy fares.
New First Class cabin, offered on short-haul international and domestic routes
Comfort Plus cabin, offered on all two cabin aircraft around the world
These breakdown as follows, starting with the top tier:
- Delta One (formerly Business Elite) — offered on long-haul international routes, and between New York JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco.
- First Class — no change, offered on short-haul international and domestic routes. Delta said that select international flights may offer business class service in lieu of first class. Amenities in the business cabin may vary by flight and aircraft.
- Delta Comfort Plus — the equivalent of premium economy, this fare offers an “upgraded experience” on all two cabin aircraft around the world
- Main Cabin — an economy ticket wtih flexibility options
- Basic Economy — an economy ticket with fewer flexibility options, available in select markets.
Delta said that Delta One fully-flat beds and Delta Comfort Plus seat upgrades between New York and San Francisco are scheduled to complete in the spring.
The airline said in a statement: “Sky Miles Diamond and Platinum Medallion members will continue to enjoy complimentary upgrade eligibility to First Class and will also receive complimentary access to Delta Comfort Plus seats at booking.
“On March 1, Gold and Silver Medallion members will continue to enjoy complimentary upgrade eligibility to First Class as well as complimentary access to Delta Comfort Plus seats starting 72 hours and 24 hours prior to departure, respectively.”
Glen Hauenstein, Delta’s executive vice president and chief revenue officer, said: “We’re providing Delta customers with a thoughtful, well-defined spectrum of options as they make decisions about travel.
“Whether a customer prioritizes the perks of Delta One or the value of Basic Economy, every seat comes with impeccable service and unmatched reliability.”
Delta this week opened an arrivals lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 3 (see news, December 10).