Qantas has unveiled changes to its economy class inflight dining offering, which the airline states will re-define the travel experience for passengers flying overseas in coach.
The improvements will be rolled out across the Flying Kangaroo’s international network from November 25.
Passengers can look forward to several new dishes including smoky barbecue beef with roasted sweet potato, broccoli and corn; honey roasted chicken farro salad and seasonal vegetables with pumpkin and sesame seeds; scrambled eggs with chicken sausage, tomato, hash brown and baked beans; and Ruby and Roy’s traditional Greek yoghurt with granola.
Barramundi poached in a lightly spiced coconut sauce with noodles, sugar snaps, choy sum and chilli
In addition, Qantas will begin serving dishes on plates, which is expected to reduce the amount of time that its crew will need to serve and clear the meals by up to 30 minutes.
Servings will also be increased by up to fifty per cent in size, and the carrier will introduce several new self-serving snack options including pulled beef sliders with capsicum and tomato relish, Weis ice-cream bars, Maltesers and fresh fruit.
Welcome drinks, served shortly after takeoff, will be a signature range from Australia’s award-winning cordial manufacturer, Bicksford. Be on the lookout for flavours available exclusively to Qantas such as Lemon and Elderflower, and Pink Grapefruit.
“We have worked closely with Australia’s leading producers and suppliers to deliver what we believe to be the best inflight economy dining experience offered by any international carrier,” said Qantas Group chief executive Alan Joyce.
Spiced lamb koftas with tomato, Riverina feta and roast potatoes
The improved economy dining offerings will be available from the following dates:
- 25th November 2014: Melbourne-Dubai-London
- 26th November 2014: Sydney-Dubai-London
- 28th November, 2014: Tasman
- 5th December, 2014: Perth-Auckland seasonal service
- 9th December, 2014: US services; Los Angeles, New York and Dallas/Fort Worth
- 3rd January 2015: Vancouver seasonal service
- 13th January, 2015: Singapore
- 10th February, 2015: Hong Kong
- 1st March, 2015: Santiago, Johannesburg, Honolulu, Bangkok, Shanghai, Narita, Manila, Jakarta and Noumea
For more information, visit qantas.com.au