The Marriott Rewards and United Mileage Plus loyalty schemes have entered a partnership called Rewards Plus, allowing top members to enjoy status match as well as exchange miles for points, and vice versa.
Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members can now gain Mileage Plus Premier Silver status.
Benefits of Premier Silver status include:
- Complimentary access to Economy Plus seating at check-in, when available
- Complimentary space available Premier Upgrades on domestic flights
- Designated ticket counter check-in lines, priority security, boarding and baggage handling
- One complimentary standard checked bag (23kg)
- 25 per cent Premier bonus award miles on United flights
Platinum Elite status is usually gained by completing 75 qualifying nights a year with Marriott.
United Global Services, Premier 1K, Premier Platinum and Premier Gold members will be honoured with Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status.
Benefits of Gold Elite status include:
- Lounge access and complimentary continental breakfast at participating JW Marriott, Renaissance, Marriott and Autograph Collection hotels (resorts are excluded)
- Room upgrades, based on availability
- Complimentary high-speed internet access
- 25 per cent bonus points on Marriott stays
- Priority late check-out at selected properties
Elite Premier Gold status is usually earned by travelling 50,000 Premier qualifying miles or completing 60 Premier qualifying segments in a calendar year.
Rewards Plus states that further benefits will be introduced over time.
Starting in August, all Mileage Plus and Marriott Rewards members will receive a 20 per cent discount when converting Marriott Rewards points into Mileage Plus miles, and a 10 per cent bonus for Mileage Plus miles on Marriott Rewards travel packages.
Mileage Plus Premier members will also be able to convert their miles into Marriott Rewards points at a 1:1 ratio, but only up to 50,000 miles a year.
These complimentary status match offerings are effective until January 31, 2014.
To qualify for complimentary status match you must be a member of both loyalty programmes. Any United Plus miles earned through the conversion of Marriott Rewards points, or any other non-flight activity do not count toward Premier status qualification.